THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
ChelseaQuinsfan
Mryzyz
rudeboyben84
7 posters

New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title? Empty New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title?

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Coker has said that Woodley/Daley will likely fight a new signing to be announced soon for the title. He said he might give the new signing one tune up fight or else put him straight into a title fight...

Does anyone else think it could be Marquardt?

I still dont fully understand SF and UFC's relationship or what is going to happen in the future... Was Marquardt fired from Zuffa? Just UFC? Could he go to SF?

SF is in an odd position with Melendez probabally wanting to go to UFC after his next fight, Diaz already there, the winner of the GP looking to move to UFC and Jacare having no opponents, surely its only a matter of time before SF closes shop and moves their guys to UFC or cuts loose the lower ranked ones....
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title? Empty Re: New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title?

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Wow Scanning the Ww's on fight matrix 9/10 good Ww's are signed to UFC already. Bellator have a few but I dont know if they are leaving...

Siyar Bahadurzada is an option, fight matrix have him at 12th!

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Siyar-Bahadurzada-5453

Jordan Mein just beat Whitemare, they have him ranked 22nd

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jordan-Mein-6749

I suppose either could really walk into a shot...

And Maby a stretch because he has been up at Mw for a while I think but Jesse Taylor is doing well recently, if he would move back to Ww he could be a contender....

Im really struggling to think of anyone unless they have signed one of Bellators guys.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title? Empty Re: New Signing to fight winner of Daley/Woodley for title?

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

'New signing' could mean someone from the UFC.

SF needs contenders badly, and I'm sure the UFC wouldn't miss someone like Thiago Alves too much.

Zuffa presumably want SF to make money, so why not?

Maybe it'll be a good way for them to get rid of Jon Fitch.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I read in an interview that Melendez isn't going anywhere for the time being. It makes sense as well. Unlike Diaz, Melendez has enough potential, competitive opponents and unlike the WW division, the UFC LW division has plenty of contenders.

As for who's coming in, Askren vs Daley would probably be the biggest WW fight outside the UFC. Other than that it could be Siyar or Mein as you said. Mein has lost to a lot of poor competition but he has some solid wins (whitemare, Burkman, Riggs) and is only 21. He fights a shit load, he's already fought 4 times this year and fought 6 last year. Siyar is quite exciting to watch and him vs Daley would be a stand-up war, but he hasn't really beaten anyone. Santiago and Misaki both beat him and they are the best opponents on his record.

Then there might be the case of Nate, but I don't if Dana actually has any power over whether SF are allowed to sign him or not.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Ben Wikipedia says Jesse Taylor is scheduled to face Hector Lombard on some Australian event.

The UFC won't get rid of Fitch, Alves could be a possibility though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 am

I think it's going to be Askren as well. I think him and Alvarez will both fight for the SF belts in the next 8 months or so.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:39 am

According to St Bjorn Rebney Askren has a Champions Clause in his contract my guess It will be an In house fringe Contender like a Kos (If his ego allows It), Kampmann or Johnson.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Who are people picking in the Daley vs Woodley fight BTW? I think it could be a tough fight for Daley, Woodley is a top wrestler and we all know how badly Daley deals with wrestlers. Woodley is a two time All American, a High School State Championship and a Big 12 Conference Championship. He was a runner up as well for both those achievements as well and was a runner up for the USA University Freestyle National Championship. I think he definitley has enough in his arsenal to put Daley on his back and keep him there.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Is Marquardt definitely banned from Strikeforce aswell?

I can see Woodley vs Daley being very similar to Koscheck vs Daley. Woodley will take him down for 15 minutes, Daley's only chance is a lucky punch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 am

I think Nate has fucked himself out of working for Zuffa again.

Chelsea, I'm going with Woodley. I see it as a repeat of the Daley-Kos fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

That's what I see happening as well, Daley's take down defense isn't good enough for someone like Woodley IMO.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Nate is supposed to be in talks with Bellator, I reckon he gets a slap on the wrist 6 month suspension or the likes and we see him fight Askren (Shame Saunders is injured Id have loved to see Saunders vs Nate)

I reckon Daley gets dryhumped for 15mins though Im really hoping he wins.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Rebney was on MMA live last night saying it's not often that you may get the chance to sign the #6 best MW in the world,so if possible,he'd love Nate to join Bellator.

He also said he'd be up for him fighting at WW and MW.

Looks like Lombard and Askren(who have both now called him out)could have a future opponent.

Nate is just the kind of signing Bellator need at the moment.

Have to admit though,after Nate's sacking and the shit that is surrounding him,I didn't think he would have much power in negotiating with another Org,yet Bellator seem to be the ones chasing him pretty hard and not the other way around.
    I'd of thought Nate would've been the one chasing hard and asking bellator for a chance to get his career back on track.

Nate might not be a huge loss to the UFC MW/WW roster as they have more than enough talent to cover it(though I do think he is still a loss talent wise to their division,he's a top 10 MW no matter how you look at it)he will be a huge gain for Bellator and will finally give a couple of their stars a true challenge.

Hope he signs as soon as he can,the sounds of Lombard vs Nate is enough to put a smile on any fans face.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm