The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news


    Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Share
    avatar
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4165
    Join date : 2009-08-29

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  redmeanie77 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm















    There is some history there aswell, as before the merger Kenflo agreed to fight Aldo in UFC at LW but Aldo turned him down.....
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 pm

    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Hioki has four losses against 4 average fighters.

    Aldo lost when he was a kid and still learning the game

    Hioki lost once to a future champion when he was a kid. Takaya is/was top 10 in the FW rankings and has beaten Hansen and Fernandes.

    The other 3 loses as Chesty says were all split decisions and the Omigawa fight was a plain robbery. Anderson Silva has a loss to a guy with a losing record. What does that prove?

    For me Aldo is at the very least the joint-best p4p fighter in the world and if I had to choose one number 1, it would be Aldo.

    The winner of a prospective Aldo v Hioki fight I would say is the definitive p4p #1. Unless Diaz beats GSP.

    Aldo is not the number one P4P fighter until he fights better competition. How does Diaz become P4P number 1 if he beats GSP?

    Silva or GSP are the P4P best and GSP has faced better competition and has never lost 10-8. Silva lost 10-8 twice in a round.

    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 pm


    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.













    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 pm


    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.

    Sure he hasn't finished anyone in a while, fighters that no one else has stopped in ages as well. The reason he struggles to finish is because his level of competition is top notch.

    Beating the top guys in the FW division means very little at this stage, there's about 2 or 3 fighters than can classified as world class

    Same goes for MW. The level of competition in those is not even close to WW. Silva also went through a patch where he didn't finish anyone. Three successive title fights.

    Hioki arguably has better wins than Aldo aside from Faber. He beat Homnick a lot more decisively. His losses were to good fighters and also robberies. He's also a much better fighter now.

    And how is being KOed worse than losing 10-8, much less TWO 10-8s in one fight? GSP got caught by Serra and couldn't recover. Everyone gets caught, Silva has a fantastic chin. But he's had ass kicked a lot more than GSP. DOminated by Chonan and finished and same goes with Takase, a guy with a losing record. Getting caught 5 years ago proves nothing, you should probably let go of that. Losing a 10-8 round means you have been absolutely dominated, destroyed even. Serra's KO wasn't him dominating on the feet, he got GSP with his hands low and capitalized. It happens.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:24 am

    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.














    Kos was a freak injury. other than that, not a mark. Fitch is the only one he beat up badly, and he was still unable to finish him.

    But well done for finding the ONLY substantial strikes he landed against Alves and Shields. That was just before he ran away from Shields's guard wasn't it??

    Oh, and it's really not advisable to post a picture from a fight a guy openly cheated in, in an attempt to prove he comes to fight. Grease St. Pierre is from the Nate Marquadt school of grappling.


    Last edited by Anfields5thKing on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 am

    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.

    Sure he hasn't finished anyone in a while, fighters that no one else has stopped in ages as well. The reason he struggles to finish is because his level of competition is top notch.

    Beating the top guys in the FW division means very little at this stage, there's about 2 or 3 fighters than can classified as world class

    Same goes for MW. The level of competition in those is not even close to WW. Silva also went through a patch where he didn't finish anyone. Three successive title fights.

    Hioki arguably has better wins than Aldo aside from Faber. He beat Homnick a lot more decisively. His losses were to good fighters and also robberies. He's also a much better fighter now.

    And how is being KOed worse than losing 10-8, much less TWO 10-8s in one fight? GSP got caught by Serra and couldn't recover. Everyone gets caught, Silva has a fantastic chin. But he's had ass kicked a lot more than GSP. DOminated by Chonan and finished and same goes with Takase, a guy with a losing record. Getting caught 5 years ago proves nothing, you should probably let go of that. Losing a 10-8 round means you have been absolutely dominated, destroyed even. Serra's KO wasn't him dominating on the feet, he got GSP with his hands low and capitalized. It happens.

    Of course getting KO'd is worse. Did Silva lose the fight?? No he did not. He faced the best wrestler and one of the best fighters in all of MMA, was getting his ass handed to him and still found a way, not just to win, but to FINISH THE FIGHT. That's the sign of a great champion.

    Dominated by Chonan?? No. Dominated by Takese? Nope.

    GSP got sparked, far worse than a 10-8.

    Silva didn't finish 3 fights because he choose to take the piss. He's never gone 3 fights in a row without finishing someone though, not sure what you're talking about. Had he really wanted to, he could have finished all those fights within a minute. He was proving a point to Dana and Joe Silva. That they can put him in with people and he can do whatever he wants and still win. Silva dancing and fucking about is still more interesting than GSP's lay and pray and jab and jog tactics.

    Koscheck has been stopped recently, so you're wrong. Alves has been stopped as well. 3 times in fact. And Hardy has been stopped 4 times. So I don't really know what you're talking about. Other than the pisspoor submission attempts against Hardy GSP's not come close to finishing anyone. And he's not going to stop Diaz. And since he only fights twice a year, the four year anniversary of the last time he stopped anyway will be coming along pretty quick. Assuming of course he doesn't grow a pair and try to fight Diaz. In which case he'll be getting himself put to sleep.
    avatar
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3763
    Join date : 2009-08-15
    Age : 106
    Location : Singapore

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 am

    he was losing against Chonan, though in fairness he had an injury.
    Takase did dominate him in the grappling.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 am

    In the grappling yes, in the striking no. Was a pretty close fight.

    He shouldn't have fought Chonan. Still nothing close to dominating though.
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 am

    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.














    Kos was a freak injury. other than that, not a mark. Fitch is the only one he beat up badly, and he was still unable to finish him.

    But well done for finding the ONLY substantial strikes he landed against Alves and Shields. That was just before he ran away from Shields's guard wasn't it??

    Oh, and it's really not advisable to post a picture from a fight a guy openly cheated in, in an attempt to prove he comes to fight. Grease St. Pierre is from the Nate Marquadt school of grappling.

    GSP threw a punch and it landed. Nothing freak about it, orbital bones always break. Either way you can clearly see bruising on the top of his head.









    And he completely dominated the second round, one judge even gave him a 10-8 for it.

    As for Shields, he landed numerous and even staggered him a couple times.



    And ran away from Shields gaurd? He took him down and stood back up, have you never seen fighter do that before? There's no point risking it, especially since the ground is the only place Shields has a chance to win.


    Last edited by ChelseaQuinsfan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 am

    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.

    Sure he hasn't finished anyone in a while, fighters that no one else has stopped in ages as well. The reason he struggles to finish is because his level of competition is top notch.

    Beating the top guys in the FW division means very little at this stage, there's about 2 or 3 fighters than can classified as world class

    Same goes for MW. The level of competition in those is not even close to WW. Silva also went through a patch where he didn't finish anyone. Three successive title fights.

    Hioki arguably has better wins than Aldo aside from Faber. He beat Homnick a lot more decisively. His losses were to good fighters and also robberies. He's also a much better fighter now.

    And how is being KOed worse than losing 10-8, much less TWO 10-8s in one fight? GSP got caught by Serra and couldn't recover. Everyone gets caught, Silva has a fantastic chin. But he's had ass kicked a lot more than GSP. DOminated by Chonan and finished and same goes with Takase, a guy with a losing record. Getting caught 5 years ago proves nothing, you should probably let go of that. Losing a 10-8 round means you have been absolutely dominated, destroyed even. Serra's KO wasn't him dominating on the feet, he got GSP with his hands low and capitalized. It happens.

    Of course getting KO'd is worse. Did Silva lose the fight?? No he did not. He faced the best wrestler and one of the best fighters in all of MMA, was getting his ass handed to him and still found a way, not just to win, but to FINISH THE FIGHT. That's the sign of a great champion.

    Dominated by Chonan?? No. Dominated by Takese? Nope.

    GSP got sparked, far worse than a 10-8.

    Silva didn't finish 3 fights because he choose to take the piss. He's never gone 3 fights in a row without finishing someone though, not sure what you're talking about. Had he really wanted to, he could have finished all those fights within a minute. He was proving a point to Dana and Joe Silva. That they can put him in with people and he can do whatever he wants and still win. Silva dancing and fucking about is still more interesting than GSP's lay and pray and jab and jog tactics.

    Koscheck has been stopped recently, so you're wrong. Alves has been stopped as well. 3 times in fact. And Hardy has been stopped 4 times. So I don't really know what you're talking about. Other than the pisspoor submission attempts against Hardy GSP's not come close to finishing anyone. And he's not going to stop Diaz. And since he only fights twice a year, the four year anniversary of the last time he stopped anyway will be coming along pretty quick. Assuming of course he doesn't grow a pair and try to fight Diaz. In which case he'll be getting himself put to sleep.

    Did Silva lose the fight? Yes. He might have won the MMA match but he lost the fight. The come from behind victory was very impressive by Silva no doubt, but in reality it's against a guy who has been submitted 7 other times. Sonnen isn't one of the greatest MMA fighters today, he's very good but not one of the best. He's only so high because of his performance against Silva. Before that he had two very good name wins in Filho and Okami. FIlho was talking to himself in his fight and Okami was coming off a long lay off.

    Chonan was on his way to a very easy UD before he submitted and same goes with Takase. ANything less than a first round KO of a guy with a losing record is not good enough. Far worse than a KO against GSP.

    It's funny how you've had the "he got KOed" excuse for about 3 years, even though it happened 5 years ago. A 10-8 is a lot worse than a flash KO. It means you have been absolutely dominated. The thing is, Silva suffered two 10-8 losses in that fight. Far worse than any flash KO.

    It's like me saying Shogun is far better than Machida because he KOed him and won a lot more decisively.

    I said three title fight and yes he did. PAtrick Cote, Thales Leities and Demain Maia. What you have described is even worse. That is someone who has the ability to finish a fight, but doesn't even want to fight. It's disrespectful and extremely arrogant. If he was so pissed off about the level of competition then he should have moved up full time to his natural weight class of 205.

    Kos was caught in a flash KO last year in a fight he was dominating and the last stoppage before that was 5 years in another fight he was dominating. 2 career losses by stoppages. The last stoppage loss for Alves was 6 years ago where he was caught by an up kick. Before that he was a kid and submitted a couple of times. Before GSP HArdy's last stoppage was in 2005, again when he was a kid. He then got caught by Condit when they both came in swinging.

    Now let's look at the other fighters he didn't stop:

    Jake Shields: Hasn't been stopped since the third fight of his career where he was 21. This is a guy who took huge shots from Hendo and still survived. Extremely hard to stop.

    Jon Fitch: He was stopped twice in the first four fights of his career. Since then not only has no one stopped him, no one has even beaten him aside from GSP. GSP came the closest to finishing Fitch.

    So it's not like he's fighting easy fighters to finish either. His wins over level of competition is better than any other fighter in history. I know you don't like him but even you have to admit that.
    avatar
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

    Posts : 583
    Join date : 2009-08-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Leeds

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  sunthunder on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm

    Anfields5thKing wrote:In the grappling yes, in the striking no. Was a pretty close fight.

    He shouldn't have fought Chonan. Still nothing close to dominating though.

    They were standing for about a minute. The other 7 minute consisted of Anderson getting held down, guard passed and getting triangled. It wasn't close.

    GSP is the p4p best, because he beats the best fighters. The welterweight division is far better than the middleweight division. I don't think many of Andersons best wins would be title challengers if they were welterweights, even guys like Henderson and Franklin.
    avatar
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4165
    Join date : 2009-08-29

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  redmeanie77 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm














    avatar
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1570
    Join date : 2010-10-03
    Age : 24
    Location : Manchester

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Sheldan on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:50 am

    Hioki VS Roop set for UFC 137.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 am

    sunthunder wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:In the grappling yes, in the striking no. Was a pretty close fight.

    He shouldn't have fought Chonan. Still nothing close to dominating though.

    They were standing for about a minute. The other 7 minute consisted of Anderson getting held down, guard passed and getting triangled. It wasn't close.

    GSP is the p4p best, because he beats the best fighters. The welterweight division is far better than the middleweight division. I don't think many of Andersons best wins would be title challengers if they were welterweights, even guys like Henderson and Franklin.

    Henderson and Sonnen would walk through the WW division.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 am

    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.














    Kos was a freak injury. other than that, not a mark. Fitch is the only one he beat up badly, and he was still unable to finish him.

    But well done for finding the ONLY substantial strikes he landed against Alves and Shields. That was just before he ran away from Shields's guard wasn't it??

    Oh, and it's really not advisable to post a picture from a fight a guy openly cheated in, in an attempt to prove he comes to fight. Grease St. Pierre is from the Nate Marquadt school of grappling.

    GSP threw a punch and it landed. Nothing freak about it, orbital bones always break. Either way you can clearly see bruising on the top of his head.









    And he completely dominated the second round, one judge even gave him a 10-8 for it.

    As for Shields, he landed numerous and even staggered him a couple times.



    And ran away from Shields gaurd? He took him down and stood back up, have you never seen fighter do that before? There's no point risking it, especially since the ground is the only place Shields has a chance to win.

    Good job posting pictures of strikes THAT MISSED. Well done.

    And he ran away from Shields' guard.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:38 am

    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    GSP isn't a fighter. He really shouldn't even be considered for P4P. 3 years and counting since he finished anyone.

    Aldo beat the top guys in his division.

    Hioki hasn't beaten anyone of note other than Sandro and he's lost to 4 average fighters.

    Silva has beaten everyone at MW.

    Silva and Aldo come to fight. GSP avoids fighting at all costs and regularly looks for ways out of fights. GSP was knocked out by Serra, Anderson has never been knocked out. That's far more telling than losing a round 10-8. GSP can't lose rounds 10-8 because he doesn't fight.

    Sure he hasn't finished anyone in a while, fighters that no one else has stopped in ages as well. The reason he struggles to finish is because his level of competition is top notch.

    Beating the top guys in the FW division means very little at this stage, there's about 2 or 3 fighters than can classified as world class

    Same goes for MW. The level of competition in those is not even close to WW. Silva also went through a patch where he didn't finish anyone. Three successive title fights.

    Hioki arguably has better wins than Aldo aside from Faber. He beat Homnick a lot more decisively. His losses were to good fighters and also robberies. He's also a much better fighter now.

    And how is being KOed worse than losing 10-8, much less TWO 10-8s in one fight? GSP got caught by Serra and couldn't recover. Everyone gets caught, Silva has a fantastic chin. But he's had ass kicked a lot more than GSP. DOminated by Chonan and finished and same goes with Takase, a guy with a losing record. Getting caught 5 years ago proves nothing, you should probably let go of that. Losing a 10-8 round means you have been absolutely dominated, destroyed even. Serra's KO wasn't him dominating on the feet, he got GSP with his hands low and capitalized. It happens.

    Of course getting KO'd is worse. Did Silva lose the fight?? No he did not. He faced the best wrestler and one of the best fighters in all of MMA, was getting his ass handed to him and still found a way, not just to win, but to FINISH THE FIGHT. That's the sign of a great champion.

    Dominated by Chonan?? No. Dominated by Takese? Nope.

    GSP got sparked, far worse than a 10-8.

    Silva didn't finish 3 fights because he choose to take the piss. He's never gone 3 fights in a row without finishing someone though, not sure what you're talking about. Had he really wanted to, he could have finished all those fights within a minute. He was proving a point to Dana and Joe Silva. That they can put him in with people and he can do whatever he wants and still win. Silva dancing and fucking about is still more interesting than GSP's lay and pray and jab and jog tactics.

    Koscheck has been stopped recently, so you're wrong. Alves has been stopped as well. 3 times in fact. And Hardy has been stopped 4 times. So I don't really know what you're talking about. Other than the pisspoor submission attempts against Hardy GSP's not come close to finishing anyone. And he's not going to stop Diaz. And since he only fights twice a year, the four year anniversary of the last time he stopped anyway will be coming along pretty quick. Assuming of course he doesn't grow a pair and try to fight Diaz. In which case he'll be getting himself put to sleep.

    Did Silva lose the fight? Yes. He might have won the MMA match but he lost the fight. The come from behind victory was very impressive by Silva no doubt, but in reality it's against a guy who has been submitted 7 other times. Sonnen isn't one of the greatest MMA fighters today, he's very good but not one of the best. He's only so high because of his performance against Silva. Before that he had two very good name wins in Filho and Okami. FIlho was talking to himself in his fight and Okami was coming off a long lay off.

    Chonan was on his way to a very easy UD before he submitted and same goes with Takase. ANything less than a first round KO of a guy with a losing record is not good enough. Far worse than a KO against GSP.

    It's funny how you've had the "he got KOed" excuse for about 3 years, even though it happened 5 years ago. A 10-8 is a lot worse than a flash KO. It means you have been absolutely dominated. The thing is, Silva suffered two 10-8 losses in that fight. Far worse than any flash KO.

    It's like me saying Shogun is far better than Machida because he KOed him and won a lot more decisively.

    I said three title fight and yes he did. PAtrick Cote, Thales Leities and Demain Maia. What you have described is even worse. That is someone who has the ability to finish a fight, but doesn't even want to fight. It's disrespectful and extremely arrogant. If he was so pissed off about the level of competition then he should have moved up full time to his natural weight class of 205.

    Kos was caught in a flash KO last year in a fight he was dominating and the last stoppage before that was 5 years in another fight he was dominating. 2 career losses by stoppages. The last stoppage loss for Alves was 6 years ago where he was caught by an up kick. Before that he was a kid and submitted a couple of times. Before GSP HArdy's last stoppage was in 2005, again when he was a kid. He then got caught by Condit when they both came in swinging.

    Now let's look at the other fighters he didn't stop:

    Jake Shields: Hasn't been stopped since the third fight of his career where he was 21. This is a guy who took huge shots from Hendo and still survived. Extremely hard to stop.

    Jon Fitch: He was stopped twice in the first four fights of his career. Since then not only has no one stopped him, no one has even beaten him aside from GSP. GSP came the closest to finishing Fitch.

    So it's not like he's fighting easy fighters to finish either. His wins over level of competition is better than any other fighter in history. I know you don't like him but even you have to admit that.

    What about your hero Nate The Grease?? He was in the best form of his career and Sonnen destroyed him!

    And the rest of your post is nonsense.

    As for the final bit, Fedor's list of wins is against better competition than GSPs

    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1821
    Join date : 2009-10-09
    Age : 33
    Location : newcastle

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  the_king on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:55 pm

    redmeanie77 wrote:










    I'm afraid Hioki will lose his debut fight against a midcarder Sad Hopefully he can come in and impress and build up some hype for title shot.

    Keep him away from Mendes please....

    what would be the point of giving him a title fight if he would lose to mendes then?
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:06 pm

    Sonnen and Henderson would walk through the WW division? No, no they wouldn't. Not at all.

    Those strikes either just landed or were about to land. Look at his opponents face for proof.

    He didn't run from anyone's guard.

    What happened to Nate the Average? Nate's been beaten by all his top opponents and Sonnen didn't destroy anyone. He almost got tapped in the end as well against a guy who's an ok grappler.

    "The rest of your post is nonsense"= I don't know how to respond so I'll just claim it's nonsense. Everything I stated was a fact.

    Fedor's wins were against better competition than GSP? Laughing Not even close.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:11 pm

    The last three strikes missed. Clearly. You've never seen anyone get punched in the face close up if you think they landed.

    Sonnen would destroy anyone at 170. It would be a massacre. Hendo would knock them all clean out.

    GSP ran away from Shields guard. He knocked him down, thought about following him to the ground, shit his pants and ran away.

    Nothing in your post was fact.

    And yes, Fedor's list is FAR more impressive and against FAR tougher opposition than GSPs. 6 wins against former world champions, 7 if you include CroCop - a win that easily top anything GSP has done. 9 if you want to include the two K1 champs he's beaten. 10 if you include Arona's Rings title. His unbeaten run is the greatest in the history of the sport. GSP's list doesn't come close. Just as he doesn't come close.
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 pm

    Look at those pics again, you can actually see GSP's hands touching Alves's face!

    Sonnen would destroy anyone at 170, is that a joke? The overrating of this guy since the Silva fight has become laughable. The man could barely last a round against ol'Jeremy Horn and was finished 3 times by him!

    Hendo would get beaten by the majority of the top WWs.

    GSP knocked him down and hesitated with the follow up, a wise move considering that was Shields only chance of winning. Only a dumb ass would have jumped into Shields guard at the that point.

    Nearly everything I stated was fact. About Silva not finishing opponents, GSP's opponents ect.

    GSP's level of wins is far better. Not only has he beaten more top 10 fighters in a better division as well, he's also beaten more top P4P fighters as well. K-1 titles mean nothing in MMA, Cro Cop never held a belt, and we all know what happened against Arona. GSP's list of wins is far and a away the more impressive list.

    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 pm

    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Look at those pics again, you can actually see GSP's hands touching Alves's face!

    Sonnen would destroy anyone at 170, is that a joke? The overrating of this guy since the Silva fight has become laughable. The man could barely last a round against ol'Jeremy Horn and was finished 3 times by him!

    Hendo would get beaten by the majority of the top WWs.

    GSP knocked him down and hesitated with the follow up, a wise move considering that was Shields only chance of winning. Only a dumb ass would have jumped into Shields guard at the that point.

    Nearly everything I stated was fact. About Silva not finishing opponents, GSP's opponents ect.

    GSP's level of wins is far better. Not only has he beaten more top 10 fighters in a better division as well, he's also beaten more top P4P fighters as well. K-1 titles mean nothing in MMA, Cro Cop never held a belt, and we all know what happened against Arona. GSP's list of wins is far and a away the more impressive list.


    First of the final 3 is a right hand that misses, Alves blocked it.
    Second is a left hook that clearly misses Alves.
    The Final picture looks like he is attempt to penetrate Alves. No strike being thrown.

    I know you don't watch MMA but you should go back and watch the three Sonnen-Horn fights. Sonnen was easily winning them all. He made two mistakes and got caught in submissions by one of the best submission artists in the sport. Barely last a round?? What are you talking about?? The last of those fights was 5 years ago. No bearing on Sonnen today.

    Hendo would walk through most WWs and beat the rest.

    He knocked him down, got scared and ran from confrontation. Usual GSP tactic.

    Nothing you said was fact, just your usual bullshit.

    We do know what happened, it was a close fight between two young fighters that Fedor won. Very simple. CroCop won the Pride OpenWeight GrandPrix and in doing so, won himself a belt.
    K1 titles mean nothing? Except for the fact they prove you are a truly top class striker. Schilt might be the best K1 fighter ever. And K1 and MMA have a lot of similarities. Of course, since you watch neither, you wouldn't know that.

    What P4P fighters has GSP beaten?? Shields and ???. His cheating against BJ doesn't count as a win. If he wasn't the Golden Boy, he'd have been disqualified. Fedor beat Nog - twice, and CroCop. Both of whom have been in the top 5 P4P in their careers. GSP has no top 5 p4p wins. Less wins against top talent, nothing close to the win streak. Oh, and nothing close to the amount of finishes. GSP has NINE decisions in his 22 wins, Fedor has only 7 in his 31. 3 years, and 6 fights since he finished anyone. And 90% of Fedor's fights were against bigger opponents. GSP is nearly always bigger than his opponent. GSP is also a proven cheat. Fedor's record is better, his list of wins is better, his legacy is far more impressive, and P4P he's simply a much better fighter.
    avatar
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

    Posts : 583
    Join date : 2009-08-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Leeds

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  sunthunder on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:03 am

    Anfields5thKing wrote:The last three strikes missed. Clearly. You've never seen anyone get punched in the face close up if you think they landed.

    Sonnen would destroy anyone at 170. It would be a massacre. Hendo would knock them all clean out.GSP ran away from Shields guard. He knocked him down, thought about following him to the ground, shit his pants and ran away.

    Nothing in your post was fact.

    And yes, Fedor's list is FAR more impressive and against FAR tougher opposition than GSPs. 6 wins against former world champions, 7 if you include CroCop - a win that easily top anything GSP has done. 9 if you want to include the two K1 champs he's beaten. 10 if you include Arona's Rings title. His unbeaten run is the greatest in the history of the sport. GSP's list doesn't come close. Just as he doesn't come close.

    Don't see either of those things happening. Henderson has a history of being taken down and controlled by far inferior wrestlers than those populating the welterweight division.

    How much of Chael Sonnen's success comes from being a better wrestler than his contemporaries? How many great wrestlers has he actually beaten? Okami? Miller? Prangley?

    How would he fare against a Koscheck? GSP? Fitch? Shields? Any wrestling advantage Sonnen enjoys at middleweight would be be drastically reduced at welterweight, and that's not even taking into account how much more generally skilled the welterweight division has been in comparrison to 185.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 pm

    sunthunder wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:The last three strikes missed. Clearly. You've never seen anyone get punched in the face close up if you think they landed.

    Sonnen would destroy anyone at 170. It would be a massacre. Hendo would knock them all clean out.GSP ran away from Shields guard. He knocked him down, thought about following him to the ground, shit his pants and ran away.

    Nothing in your post was fact.

    And yes, Fedor's list is FAR more impressive and against FAR tougher opposition than GSPs. 6 wins against former world champions, 7 if you include CroCop - a win that easily top anything GSP has done. 9 if you want to include the two K1 champs he's beaten. 10 if you include Arona's Rings title. His unbeaten run is the greatest in the history of the sport. GSP's list doesn't come close. Just as he doesn't come close.

    Don't see either of those things happening. Henderson has a history of being taken down and controlled by far inferior wrestlers than those populating the welterweight division.

    How much of Chael Sonnen's success comes from being a better wrestler than his contemporaries? How many great wrestlers has he actually beaten? Okami? Miller? Prangley?

    How would he fare against a Koscheck? GSP? Fitch? Shields? Any wrestling advantage Sonnen enjoys at middleweight would be be drastically reduced at welterweight, and that's not even taking into account how much more generally skilled the welterweight division has been in comparrison to 185.

    The only fighters at 170 with wrestling ability that comes close to Sonnen are Koscheck and Askren, and he's a better fighter than both. He has better striking and better head movement than either and his chin is one of the best in the sport.

    Henderson has a history of being taken down by people bigger than him. He also has a history of knocking people out. Hendo was destroying Shields until his back went and he gassed. And inferior wrestlers to those populating the WW division? Such as???
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:50 pm

    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Look at those pics again, you can actually see GSP's hands touching Alves's face!

    Sonnen would destroy anyone at 170, is that a joke? The overrating of this guy since the Silva fight has become laughable. The man could barely last a round against ol'Jeremy Horn and was finished 3 times by him!

    Hendo would get beaten by the majority of the top WWs.

    GSP knocked him down and hesitated with the follow up, a wise move considering that was Shields only chance of winning. Only a dumb ass would have jumped into Shields guard at the that point.

    Nearly everything I stated was fact. About Silva not finishing opponents, GSP's opponents ect.

    GSP's level of wins is far better. Not only has he beaten more top 10 fighters in a better division as well, he's also beaten more top P4P fighters as well. K-1 titles mean nothing in MMA, Cro Cop never held a belt, and we all know what happened against Arona. GSP's list of wins is far and a away the more impressive list.


    First of the final 3 is a right hand that misses, Alves blocked it.
    Second is a left hook that clearly misses Alves.
    The Final picture looks like he is attempt to penetrate Alves. No strike being thrown.

    I know you don't watch MMA but you should go back and watch the three Sonnen-Horn fights. Sonnen was easily winning them all. He made two mistakes and got caught in submissions by one of the best submission artists in the sport. Barely last a round?? What are you talking about?? The last of those fights was 5 years ago. No bearing on Sonnen today.

    Hendo would walk through most WWs and beat the rest.

    He knocked him down, got scared and ran from confrontation. Usual GSP tactic.

    Nothing you said was fact, just your usual bullshit.

    We do know what happened, it was a close fight between two young fighters that Fedor won. Very simple. CroCop won the Pride OpenWeight GrandPrix and in doing so, won himself a belt.
    K1 titles mean nothing? Except for the fact they prove you are a truly top class striker. Schilt might be the best K1 fighter ever. And K1 and MMA have a lot of similarities. Of course, since you watch neither, you wouldn't know that.

    What P4P fighters has GSP beaten?? Shields and ???. His cheating against BJ doesn't count as a win. If he wasn't the Golden Boy, he'd have been disqualified. Fedor beat Nog - twice, and CroCop. Both of whom have been in the top 5 P4P in their careers. GSP has no top 5 p4p wins. Less wins against top talent, nothing close to the win streak. Oh, and nothing close to the amount of finishes. GSP has NINE decisions in his 22 wins, Fedor has only 7 in his 31. 3 years, and 6 fights since he finished anyone. And 90% of Fedor's fights were against bigger opponents. GSP is nearly always bigger than his opponent. GSP is also a proven cheat. Fedor's record is better, his list of wins is better, his legacy is far more impressive, and P4P he's simply a much better fighter.

    Oh ok I get it, your just delusional.

    SOnnen got owned by Horn 3 times, finished all 3 times and couldn't even get out of the first round twice.

    Hendo would get beaten very easily by the top WWs, would barely be competitive.

    Only morons jump into black belts gaurds.

    Everything I stated was an actual fact, but since your ANfield, Fact doesn't apply.

    Actually it was very clear to nearly everyone that Arona won that fight, but RINGS judging is corrupted. Come on grand master Anfield, you of all people should know tournament wins aren't the same as titles. And stop changing my words. K-1 titles mean nothing in MMA. I love K-1 and watch it all the time, but success in K-1 does not mean success in MMA. Have a look at Badr Hari for example. Schilt one of the greatest of all time in K-1 had a pretty average career in MMA.

    GSP has wins over Shields, HUghes 2x, BJ (lets count the first time) and Fitch. Thats more P4P wins than Fedor and he has far more top 10 wins than Fedor ever has. And GSP has fought less as well. More top 10 wins in less fights and certainly more talented opponents. While it's true Fedor has more finishes, thats very easy when your fighting the likes of MArk Hunt, Zulu and Hong Man-Choi. Fedor's best wins are Cro Cop and Big Nog Twice. Couldn't finish them and if he fought that level of competition more he would have a lot more decisions as well. GSP has the most impressive list of wins ever, is the best P4P fighter and could very well go down as the greatest of all time.
    avatar
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1270
    Join date : 2011-01-19
    Age : 34
    Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Cowboys From Hell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 pm

    I thought this was a thread about Hioki in the UFC. Laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: Hatsu Hioki Signs with the UFC - Jose Aldo, You are on Notice

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 am