The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Boxing discussion

Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Sheldan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Hatton vs Senchenko, good fight for Hatton to get him back in the game, Senchenko was talked up as a good fighter before he got embarassed by Malignaggi, obvious what his level is though after that fight. I'm sure the term "former world champion" will be talked to death when people are talking about Senchenko over the next few weeks.
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Sheldan, official confirmation that Ryan Burnett makes his debut on Hatton undercard Very Happy cant wait!! Reckon you'll be going to it?
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Did anyone see that mess of a HW title fight at the weekend??
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Sheldan, official confirmation that Ryan Burnett makes his debut on Hatton undercard Very Happy cant wait!! Reckon you'll be going to it?

Hopefully mate, just applied for press now so fingers crossed! Will you be there mate?
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:Sheldan, official confirmation that Ryan Burnett makes his debut on Hatton undercard Very Happy cant wait!! Reckon you'll be going to it?

Hopefully mate, just applied for press now so fingers crossed! Will you be there mate?

Yes definately going to be there pal!! Let me know if you get press for it Very Happy
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm

So John Joe Nevin has turned pro with Team Khan . Good or bad decision??
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Hmm... probably a good decision to turn pro, I'd have looked to have gone with Matchroom though, currently the only promotion with a guaranteed 2 year contract with Sky.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Bad decision because he's made it for the wrong reason.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 am

"The Can" has to be the greatest nick name I have ever heard of in any combat sport, Straight to the point. Laughing

thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 am

Easy win for price last night knocking out fraudly within first round hopefully paves the way for that muppett fury vs price now . did have a chuckle tho when fury called out price and his gay lover lol .
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I feel sorry for the abuse Audley has been getting since last night, he came to fight and was on the offensive until he got hit with shots that would knock anybody out. If it wasn't for Audley winning Team GB's first olympic boxing gold medal then British boxing wouldn't currently be as good as it currently is. Price is a future world champion no doubt, just interesting to see what happens when he takes one on the chin, see whether his chin is still suspect. Fury calling him out was hilarious, I can't stop laughing whenever I watch it.

Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Great win for Pricey the man has scary power not to keen on the upcoming Skelton fight in December but I suppose It keeps Price active.

IMO Fury is scared of Price that was fear in his eyes he wants nothing to do with him, Fury and Fat Controller want nothing to do with a Price fight they'd rather continue on their epic journey of fighting Commonwealth Cans in Shopping malls.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Glen Johnson has come out of retirement to fight George Groves in December I'm not liking this at all I really wish Glen would have stuck top his word.

Looking forward to this weekends Kell Brook card a shame McDonell vs Malinga fell through though, I'm sort of intrigued by the Anderson vs Reid, Robin is way past his best but Kenny is a very vulnerable fighter.

The Brooklyn card looks pretty good too with the Garcia Morales re-match and Paulie M v Cano.
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm press for Brook Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:48 am

I like the way Fury tried to pretend he was articulate. Everyone knows the chap is thick as fuck. He's an absolute knob on twitter apparently. I was giving a Judo class the other day and afterwards one of the lads was looking at twitter on his iPad and he saw a few of tweets from Tyson Fury where he was saying he was the best HW in the world!!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 am

What a surprise Sheldan gratis free as well I imagine you jammy bastard ! Laughing

I don't mind Fury too much as I find the way he seeks for attention and ludicrous comments hilarious The way he talks about Price is comical you can see the fear In his eyes the bloke is shitting himself at the prospect of stepping In the ring with him.

I forgot that on the Brooklyn card the fight between Randall Baily & Devon Alexander got moved to that card. cheers
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Manny Steward died today, one of my favorite ever trainers. RIP.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 am

That's a very sad loss for his family and friends and for the sport of Boxing.

I Always thought highly of him,he came across as a great guy on camera,as well as being a brilliant trainer.

Thanks for the memory's Manny,R.I.P

Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Manny Steward died today, one of my favorite ever trainers. RIP.

Shocked me when I heard. Was wandering around Liverpool before the match and saw it on SkySports in a shop window. Couldn't believe it, been in a bit of a daze since. One of the all time greats and a lovely man who did so much to help the people of Detroit that his boxing achievements are actually secondary to the charity work and thankless graft he put in.

Boxing lost two of the five greatest trainers in the history of the sport this year in him and Angelo Dundee.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Tragic news about Manny a damn shame It all seems mysterious, I was watching Ringside last night also looking on many Boxing forums It was very odd the news broke he died on the morning but nothing confirmed until the evening.

It's been a rough year for Boxing Angelo Dundee, Joe Frazier, Teofilo Stevenson, Johnny Tapia, Corrie Sanders and many more. Sad
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

R.I.P Manny.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm looking forward to this weekend, first off I love Marco Huck that man does so man things wrong but he makes them right some how and for some reason I have this feeling Grachev is going to shock Bute It's just a gut feeling. Soon as the fight was made I felt this, Grachev is pretty tough and i'm pretty sure he has never been stopped in kickboxing and I know his only loss in MMA was a decision to Ricardo Funch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:54 pm

John Joe Nevin has changed his mind and decided to stay amateur rather than turn professional.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

It's a bit of coup for WSB to get all those Olympians on board I'm not overly sold on the concept but It certainly has benefits and good half way house between the ammy's and pro's.

The Enzo stoppage was plain awful under most circumstances but I can understand Ian John Lewis's concern for Enzo after past knock outs he has received. The card at the Staples Centre was mixed good KO win for Angulo you can see how much the win meant to him, The Leo Cruz fight was a horrible miss match like Cleverly 'defending' his 'Title' against some bum form the US. As much as I enjoyed the Moreno-Mares fight I can't believe the one score card that read 120-106 that was shocking.

The notable thing about the Wlad fight on ESPN was Frank Maloney's crass and nasty remarks about Emmanuel Stewart.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 am