THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Yeah we're in for a good night of boxing on Saturday! I've managed to get myself on press row for Brook VS Hatton so being front row for that without paying a penny, can't really complain! Very Happy

How've you managed that?? Should be a great fight!

Hoping Martinez vs Macklin lives up to expectations as well.

Well I'm doing Sports Journalism at University so I just got in touch with the press officer for the fightand applied to be on press row, expecting that I would have no chance, and he accepted me! There was a press conference today and I got to interview Kell Brook, Matthew Hatton and Eddie Hearn so that was good. It should be a great atmosphere with 10,000 fans there, I'm really looking forward to it.

Excellent mate, enjoy yourself man!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:31 pm

lol! what a joke.

that looked about as bad as this one to me

youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9X2wPWMURJ4[/youtube]

Kimbo's now 4-0 in his pro boxing career.

Though Green isn't even a Boxer,he's a 27-17 MW MMA fighter,(22 of his wins coming by submission,handy for a boxer)who stepped in at the last minute,because Kimbo's original fight with Mike Glenn fell through when Glenn didn’t send him the fight footage he required Suspect

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brian-Green-4164

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Michael Katsidis Is on ESPN America Tonight/Morning really looking forward to his return also Rogie & Fury is on Tomorrow night on 5 (John O'Donnel & Eubank Jnr are on the Under card too)
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm praying that Rogan picks up the win tomorrow, it's a shame that he has been inactive for so long because I genuinely think he could beat Fury.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 am

Sheldan wrote:I'm praying that Rogan picks up the win tomorrow, it's a shame that he has been inactive for so long because I genuinely think he could beat Fury.

Cant see it happening at all mate and thats from a big Rogie fan! Hope for the best though.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:20 pm

It seems there has been a bit of a balls up by the Promoter It seems The Irish Title will not be on the line as the fight is in Belfast rather than ROI, Hennessey wants it to be 12 Round fight rather than 10 round fight and told Rogan to sign a new contract right there and then. Rogan rightly so should be pissed to have that this throw at him at the weigh in is unbelievably unprofessional from Fat Mick If I was Rogan I would have told them to fuck off and find a new opponent.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:It seems there has been a bit of a balls up by the Promoter It seems The Irish Title will not be on the line as the fight is in Belfast rather than ROI, Hennessey wants it to be 12 Round fight rather than 10 round fight and told Rogan to sign a new contract right there and then. Rogan rightly so should be pissed to have that this throw at him at the weigh in is unbelievably unprofessional from Fat Mick If I was Rogan I would have told them to fuck off and find a new opponent.

What a disgrace!! I agree Rogie should've told them to get someone else. By the way, Rogie looks in better shape than I thought he was gonna be. Smile
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah Rogan looks in good shape really hope he beats Fury I actually didn't mind Fury much until he ducked the hell out of David Price and I agree with what Price said It was a cowards move to drop the belts and run.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Heres hoping Roggie puts him to sleep, they both looked in career best shapes though I think Roggie has to find his chin early to have a chance cause he will get outboxed if he doest rock Tyson good and early and keep him on the back foot.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:27 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Heres hoping Roggie puts him to sleep, they both looked in career best shapes though I think Roggie has to find his chin early to have a chance cause he will get outboxed if he doest rock Tyson good and early and keep him on the back foot.

Are you going to it mate? Smile
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Heres hoping Roggie puts him to sleep, they both looked in career best shapes though I think Roggie has to find his chin early to have a chance cause he will get outboxed if he doest rock Tyson good and early and keep him on the back foot.

Was down about to book tickets when the girl said there was no big screen so I gave it a miss cause it will be hard to see the action. Fights in the kings hall are much better. Ill be at the McCloskey fight there. What about yourself?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:55 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:

Was down about to book tickets when the girl said there was no big screen so I gave it a miss cause it will be hard to see the action. Fights in the kings hall are much better. Ill be at the McCloskey fight there. What about yourself?

Was gonna head down myself but unfortunately on babysittin duties tonight Evil or Very Mad , but I have been promised im allowed to the McCloskey fight also Very Happy . To be honest, without the big screen it will be a bit of a hassle, at least it's on tv Smile
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Just watched Abril vs Rios......all I can say is no wonder so many are falling out of love with Boxing with stitch jobs like that It was criminal to see Abril getting shafted like that Sad .
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 am

I'm bored so I'll go on a big rant about boxing over the last week.

Fury VS Rogan went the way everyone expected. Hennessy's rant after the fight was bordering on insane, does he not realise that just because Fury was fighting on Channel 5, the people watching are still actually boxing fans and understand boxing? To claim that he is the best in the world and every other boxer has to come to England to face Fury because he is too good to go abroad was laughable. The post fight press conference shows how much of a twat Mick Hennessy is.

You have to feel for Fury, because he does seem like a guy who will happily fight anyone anywhere (that's the gypsy mentality for you), but he is going to get nowhere with Hennessy as his manager. A credible opponent for Fury to face next I would say is Jean-Marc Mormeck. He is miles past it now, but he managed to get himself a world title fight with Wladimir and is still ranked top 15 on BoxRec, and with the height difference I can see it being an easy win for Fury. It wouldn't surprise me to see Hennessy pull out some unknown guy with a padded record though.

As for Rios and Abril, that was one of the most terrible decisions I have ever seen. There is no point getting worked up over it because what's done is done. At least it gave Abril the exposure he deserves and will probably see him get big name opponents now, with Kevin Mitchell already saying he would happily face Abril. Rios will go to light welterweight now, with Marquez being the likely opponent after he won on Saturday too.

Amazing fight on Saturday between Anthony Crolla and Derry Matthews and I am lucky to have had the privilege of being ringside for it. It was an early stoppage though in my opinion. I expect that we will see a rematch next and I don't think anybody else would complain. Good win for James DeGale too over in Denmark. Who knows maybe he will be able fulfil his promise and become a world champion before the 2012 Olympics. I'm gutted that George Groves and Nathan Cleverly have both pulled out of their world title fights, was looking forward to that.

At least it's only 2 weeks away from Mayweather-Cotto! Very Happy
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Hennessy is a buffoon one of worst promoters out there this is the man who couldn't get an exciting British World Champion a TV deal after all hell I feel Tyson promotes himself far better than Mick which speaks volumes. Never liked the fat sod If you watched the Super 6 Fight preview shows at the beginning he just sat there while Di Bella, Shaw & Goossen discussed things you could see he was in way over his head.

This weekend gets off to a good star with Bellew v McIntosh Friday fair to say this will be a full out war really looking forward to this fight. Saturday looks kind of crappy TBH Saunders should beat Tony Hill pretty easily although Hall v Webb could be decent depends what Matty Hall turns up for me. And who can get Dawson B-Hop II this could be a great cure the Insomniacs amongst us although Witherspoon v Mitchell could be worth watching in the Co-Feature.

Got to say It's sad Cleverly isn't boxing this weekend against some random European who mysteriously appears in the WBO Top 10 overnight I kinda feel this awesome picture was for nothing. Sad

Boxing discussion - Page 17 Cleverly-royal-albert-hall
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Can't believe I forgot to mention Bellew VS McIntosh seeing how I am going! At least we are likely to see one good light heavyweight fight this weekend.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:14 am

Great performance from Bellew last night, he has proved that he is at world level in my opinion. Cleverly has said he would love to have the rematch which i'm sure Fwank isn't too pleased about after how tough a fight Bellew gave him, just shows that these guys will fight anyone anytime. Speaking of someone who will fight anyone anytime, I met Tyson Fury at the event in Liverpool last night and he is a great guy, i've give him a lot of stick in the past for the antics with Price and all that but I could tell by the way he spoke about his career and handled himself that he will happily fight anyone anywhere, and it is Mick Hennessy that was 100% behind the decision to duck Price.

Cracking win for Billy Joe Saunders tonight, putting away Tony Hill in round one. Steve Lilis said that he thinks Saunders should go after Kerry Hope, but I think Hope will rematch Proska.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah Bellew looked good he's in a bit of a odd place though too good for British level and I don't see a World Title shot coming soon. Personally I'd like him to fight Gutknecht I think that a very winnable fight and a EBU strap too. Saunders looked impressive great finish just relentless pressure I agree he should go for Hope I don't think he will got a feeling Barker will get Hope when he returns I think that's what Matchroom will probably do.

And B-Hop vs Dawson II was an absolute stinker I'm glad I never stayed up for that train wreck (But Mitchell vs Witherspoon in the Co feature was a good watch). Laughing

And Malinaggi vs Senchenko is Boxnation tonight 6pm should be a good fight defiantly the biggest test of Senchenko's career I feel.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 am

The Magic Man rules again! I can't believe Paulie managed to get the win, and a stoppage as well! Everyone said welterweight was the wrong career move for him and he would be too small, but since moving he has now gotten 2 TKO wins and beaten 4 opponents who have a career record of 138-9-3. Fair play to him, would have loved to have seen him face Kell Brook on July 7th but Golden Boy have said that won't happen. Paulie VS Devon Alexander in August is apparently what we're getting next.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 pm

What a a win for Paulie I'm sure there was a lot of this going on back home for him last night.

Boxing discussion - Page 17 632613_o

Had a feeling he might beat Senchenko last night like Paulie had been saying pre fight who has he beat It was the biggest test of Senchenko's career and he failed miserably. A shame It looks like Paulie will fight Alexander like yourself Sheldan I would have loved to have seen a Malignaggi Brook fight.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu May 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Talking of Paulie his first defense is In October at the new Barclays Center, Brooklyn which should be completed in October. Cotto will get a career high pay day Saturday of $8M excluding PPV cuts & ect double what he got in the Pacquiao fight. You can see why he left Arum to get this fight also Canelo is making $1.2M & Sugar 650k (he's took a big pay cut for the fight)
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun May 06, 2012 7:18 am

43-0
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 06, 2012 3:29 pm

He's incredible. He fought Cotto's fight for many of the rounds and beat him at it. Showed real toughness when Cotto did get a foothold in the fight. Best defensive fighter I've ever seen, best counter puncher I've ever seen. Possibly the best ever in both areas.

Was impressed with Canelo as well. He could have done more but he won so convincingly without ever really needing to hit top gear.

Canelo-Cotto next for me.

Mayweather-Manny has to happen now, purely so Floyd can beat him once and for all and put all the talk to bed.

I HOPE Mayweather goes for 7 more fights. I'd like to see him hit 50-0. He'd have a legit claim at being the best ever if he did. Manny, Canelo, Martinez at 154, Amir Khan, Bradley maybe, Alexander maybe, rematch with Ortiz maybe. There could be seven good fights out there for him to get to 50-0.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Floyd looked unreal in there and beat Cotto at his own game for large portions of the fight I can't see anyone beating him including Paquiao the man is too much ahead of the pack. Canelo looked decent but for me he seems very pedestrian at times and didn't seem to try to take Shane out when he could have in Round 4 I think It was.

Huck Olafabi was an awesome fight what a fight Captain has had 2 FOTY contenders already this year I love the man. cheers

He is so exciting to watch I think It was It was Buncey who said post fight that he does nothing right but It works. Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

I sort of got the impression that Canelo didn't want to ruin what was likely Mosley's last fight(definitely his last title fight) by destroying him completely and knocking him out. Mosley has never been stopped and given who he's shared the ring with, that's something to be proud of. Think Canelo took pity on him.

Credit to Mosley, what a career. Multiple time world champion. World titles in three different weight classes. 46-8 with his losses being two to Forrest, two to Winky, and then Cotto, Mayweather, Manny and Canelo. Wins over De La Hoya, Margarito, Vargas and Mayorga. The draw with Mora is the only real blemish on his record IMO in terms of a fight he really should have won but didn't.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm