THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Boxing discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Sheldan wrote:Yeah he should have won the first one, just that much of a nice guy that he lacked that killer instinct when Sexton was out of it! The second fight he went into injured but didn't want to let the fans down, so he had to retire after a few rounds due to injury. Met him at the David Haye-John Ruiz fight in Manchester in 2010, got talking to him for a while, really nice guy.

Nice one mate, I didnt even say Hello to him because he got out of a Beemer with 2 300lbs steriod heads and they looked like they were on "business" lol!

Hope he can deal with the Size of Tyson becsause he looked very Lean when I saw him (or maby it was the huge guys he was with) but he is at a big disadvantage size wise and Im imagine Fury wont be easy to land on.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Might see you there P4P, ill pm you my mobile number if your drinking afterwards!

Defo mate go for it! Sounds a plan bro
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Fuck my mate who was picking up the tickets today said the 33quid ones were right in the back corner and you wouldnt be able to see anything. The girl at the Odesy couldnt confirm if there was a big screen so he didnt get them... any idea if there is one p4p?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:49 pm

im 99% sure there wasn't one at his fights vs Sexton mate
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 am

Apparently Vitali has agreed to fight Haye

and Wlad says he wants Arreola next. Both are good fights
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Not really. Both will be one sided beatings and the brothers will keep their belts.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Not really. Both will be one sided beatings and the brothers will keep their belts.

Not so sure about Haye-Vitali, after seeing Vitali look really old against Chisora, Haye could punch and run his way to a decision in my opinion.

Wlad would kill Arreola though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 am

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Not really. Both will be one sided beatings and the brothers will keep their belts.

Not so sure about Haye-Vitali, after seeing Vitali look really old against Chisora, Haye could punch and run his way to a decision in my opinion.

You mean the fight in which he fought 9 rounds with a damaged rotator cuff and still won almost every round?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:

You mean the fight in which he fought 9 rounds with a damaged rotator cuff and still won almost every round?

Just read about that now, I didn't realise that injury occured. I still think Haye has a better chance than any other current heavyweight of beating Vitali.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Oh he does. He has about a 5% chance while the rest have about 2%. He's still getting knocked out though.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Well can you say Wlad did his job just a shame Mormeck had no intention of putting up a fight or throwing a punch. Jamie McDonnell got a solid win about time he mix's it up on the World level the real story for me was 45 year old Matt Skelton beating the crap out of Tom Dallas that was great too watch also hae to say It was foolish of Dallas's team to set him up with Skelton even though he has seen far better days after seeing what Zak Page could do to him before the Price fight It surely would have been better to baby him back in to his comeback.

As for Haye vs Vitali sure why not who else is there Arreola (Vitali's already beat), Seth Mitchell is another option I suppose.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Apparently that Tom Dallas chap was highly rated up until his last fight? He looks fucking awful! Jamie Mc looks a good prospect, not ready for world class talent though IMO.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm

How mad was it when Dallas was pretty much lay on the top rope and Skelton was just throwing hammer fists, took about 5 before the referee stepped in! Dallas is finished, he was touted as one of the great stars in the heavyweight division along with David Price and Richard Towers, Price has moved on to bigger and better things while Towers still hasn't really tested himself.

Just as a side note while we're talking boxing, I was part of the press for Ricky Hatton's boxing event in Bury on Friday, Hatton looks to have a great prospect in Adam Little, he has even started training him himself. Got to interview Hatton as well so that was surreal. I'm part of the press for an event he has in Oldham next month with Anthony Crolla taking on Derry Matthews for the British lightweight title and a pretty decent undercard, and it's live on Sky so keep your eyes open for me Wink haha
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:19 pm

The Dallas hype train was at full force before the Zak Page (A tough American journey man) fight before that fight he was being talked about as a future British champion and even beyond that I do feel sorry for him a bit though always comes as cross very humble and likeable in the media surely he is finished as a prospect maybe even as Boxer.

Yeah Little is highly regarded the fact that Adam possibly being the reason Ricky got in to the train side speaks volumes I think there was a piece on Ringside on Little a few weeks back they do have high hopes for him. I'm sure you will enjoy the Matthews Crolla fight should be a good scrap although I find It a strange fight for Crolla to take as I see this as a step down for him. At the moment I feel Crolla is seems to be stalling a bit in terms of progress I feel he is better than Matthews in fact I would have rather see him fight the man who just beat Matthews, Emiliano Marseli.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Ricky Burns defended his WBO lightweight title with ease last night with a decision victory over Paulus Moses, now we're set for Burns VS Kevin Mitchell in the Summer which should be a cracker.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Just watched the JuanMa vs Salido fight I didn't even know Boxnation was carrying this until half way through the Burns Moses fight so glad I SKY+ the fight any way....
    Spoiler:
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:52 am

Have you met New Zealands new heavyweight champ??

Boxing discussion - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0r6SjCAY-an_UHXFgBaKta_3fvbfp1J0DcMo6C8YZsNT_K2lAiw

Yep Sonny Bill fucking Williams!! This pic best sums up the title fight.

Boxing discussion - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ51WDRVwIxfwVmyE2jULdB7VxjXj5SRn59SrK7WStKAtXLliM6

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Groves vs Anderson is off as is the whole card. Crying or Very sad

Groves has been named No 1 contender with the Warr...I mean World Boxing Organisation (WBO) and will fight Stieglitz in April (Stieglitz vs Kessler off too rumours are Kessler is moving to 175) disappointed that Groves vs Anderson is off but you can't blame Groves for taking this chance It's win win. If Groves wins his profile should sky rocket globally If he loses many will have sympathy for him and will say It was too early and can come again.

Still should be good weekend though Brook Hatton & Martinez Macklin should be a great night of fights. cheers
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm

I am super excited for Martinez/Macklin cheers Sergio's my favourite fighter so really looking forward to staying up to watch that one
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:31 am

Yeah we're in for a good night of boxing on Saturday! I've managed to get myself on press row for Brook VS Hatton so being front row for that without paying a penny, can't really complain! Very Happy
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:37 am

Anyone know the odds for these two fights lads?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171879-wolak-eyes-mma

Pretty good read as the title says Pawel is going in to MMA and has been training for a a while and said his whole aim was to get in to MMA even before Boxing.

If you don't know or remember Wolak here is his FOTY war with Delvin Rodriquez.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Sheldan wrote:Yeah we're in for a good night of boxing on Saturday! I've managed to get myself on press row for Brook VS Hatton so being front row for that without paying a penny, can't really complain! Very Happy

How've you managed that?? Should be a great fight!

Hoping Martinez vs Macklin lives up to expectations as well.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Yeah we're in for a good night of boxing on Saturday! I've managed to get myself on press row for Brook VS Hatton so being front row for that without paying a penny, can't really complain! Very Happy

How've you managed that?? Should be a great fight!

Hoping Martinez vs Macklin lives up to expectations as well.

Well I'm doing Sports Journalism at University so I just got in touch with the press officer for the fightand applied to be on press row, expecting that I would have no chance, and he accepted me! There was a press conference today and I got to interview Kell Brook, Matthew Hatton and Eddie Hearn so that was good. It should be a great atmosphere with 10,000 fans there, I'm really looking forward to it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 pm

that's quality mate. Enjoy the fight, here's hoping Brook continues to display his world class potential.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am