THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
2brutal
payneNglory1
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Anfields5thKing
KalDog
The_Axe_Emperor
the_king
pinsman
13 posters

Training suppliment advise.

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Training suppliment advise. - Page 2 Empty Re: Training suppliment advise.

Post  pinsman Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I dot wanna do steroids ha ha! PCT is different, I'm 6th 5 weigh in about 17 and a half stone. I'm looking to become a semi pro rugby player so cnt use illegal gear, but do protein and creatine and all that jazz just need something to give me that little bit extra ? The chicken sounds good but very expensive!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:46 pm

If you aren't on gear you do not need pct nor will it help you
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 pm

the_king wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:No, the wellness programme was brought in after Eddie Guerrero died.

Nowinski convinced Vince to ban unprotected chair and kendo stick shots to the head.

anfield sorry i seem to be asking too many wwe questions but what are your thoughts on extreme wrestling. ie, ecw and the odd wwe match were chair shots were not protected, i only ask because i did pro wrestling 96-05. and belive me on a smaller venue scale my body is fucked and im only 26.

96-05? You started wrestling at 11?

I think ECW was great from a fans point of view, but for the wrestlers involved it probably wasn't good for them at all.

I don't follow any of the extreme stuff that goes on now.

My only real interest in wrestling these days is their ability to fall. Any new student I get I take them to a wrestling school in Dublin and make them spend a month learning to fall.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 pm

You say that brute but the pct increases testosterone levels during the night when your sleeping so will increase growth during the night? Well that how I've been told it works anyway =S
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Maybe I've only known it for lads on gear, let me know if it works,
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:30 pm

As someone who competes in a fair few tournaments in K1 and MMA, I've never even touched a supplement of any kind, despite pressure from trainers.

As far as I'm concerned, supplements are a shortcut. I know I can always achieve what I could with supplements just by putting in hard work and having a really good diet. Plus that way the growth will come more naturally and slower, lets the body adjust more.

But then its all up to you. Say if you have very little time to exercise it may be neccessary.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Training suppliment advise. - Page 2 Synthol1kl

How deluded must they be to think that looks good? How ridiculously disproportionate do you have to get to stop and think "shit, I may have over done it a little bit here".
    I'm glad the fucker's arms popped.
    Christ.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    the_king wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:No, the wellness programme was brought in after Eddie Guerrero died.

Nowinski convinced Vince to ban unprotected chair and kendo stick shots to the head.

anfield sorry i seem to be asking too many wwe questions but what are your thoughts on extreme wrestling. ie, ecw and the odd wwe match were chair shots were not protected, i only ask because i did pro wrestling 96-05. and belive me on a smaller venue scale my body is fucked and im only 26.

96-05? You started wrestling at 11?

I think ECW was great from a fans point of view, but for the wrestlers involved it probably wasn't good for them at all.

I don't follow any of the extreme stuff that goes on now.

My only real interest in wrestling these days is their ability to fall. Any new student I get I take them to a wrestling school in Dublin and make them spend a month learning to fall.

you clock up some serious air miles, yeah i used to train from 11 although i wasnt aloud to do shows until 17.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 pm

It more a case of time for me I gota put weight on quick but it's got to be lean weight. I wanna be about 18 but the prob with me is I'm training really hard pre season now and I am losing weight. So this is like a you say a short cut but needs must
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:22 am

Seriously, do the shake thing. If you can't afford a lot of chicken, canned tuna will work. Sainsbury's do nice own-brand Tuna, and it's not all that expensive. 4 cans for like 3 quid or something. Tuna, brown rice and veg with some water(less than half a pint along with a full can of tuna and a decent portion of rice. Blend it and drink it. You can leave out the veg if you want. Tuna and rice is enough.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

And how offen do I drink it?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Seriously, do the shake thing. If you can't afford a lot of chicken, canned tuna will work. Sainsbury's do nice own-brand Tuna, and it's not all that expensive. 4 cans for like 3 quid or something. Tuna, brown rice and veg with some water(less than half a pint along with a full can of tuna and a decent portion of rice. Blend it and drink it. You can leave out the veg if you want. Tuna and rice is enough.

anfield im actually going to try this just as im curious lol. might even replace some meals when im pushed for time.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Once at lunch time instead of normal lunch if you can, and once again an hour before you train instead of a normal dinner. On days you're not training just have a normal evening meal. Have a protein shake after training, or about an hour before bed on a non-training night.

You should try and eat 6 balanced meals a day. Try having breakfast - go high fibre for breakfast, protein shake, tuna shake, protein shake, dinner/tuna shake, protein shake.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 pm

It sounds pretty awful but I'm going to give it a go as well. I've been trying to gain weight and get bigger for a while now, but every time I gain weight I lose it straight away. Even protein shakes don't seem to work that well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah, just a quick disclaimer, I accept no responsibility if it makes you feel ill or tastes vile or anything of that nature. All I know is, it works.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:27 pm

What about if my ass falls out due to the shear amount of protein I'll be eating do you take responsibility for that?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Yeah, just a quick disclaimer, I accept no responsibility if it makes you feel ill or tastes vile or anything of that nature. All I know is, it works.

hey anfield i had 3 chicken breasts, bag of brown rice, couple of veg and a little chilli sauce and water it wasnt that bad.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 pm

pinsman wrote:What about if my ass falls out due to the shear amount of protein I'll be eating do you take responsibility for that?

Eh..........................no.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 pm

the_king wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Yeah, just a quick disclaimer, I accept no responsibility if it makes you feel ill or tastes vile or anything of that nature. All I know is, it works.

hey anfield i had 3 chicken breasts, bag of brown rice, couple of veg and a little chilli sauce and water it wasnt that bad.

Chilli sauce is a pretty good idea. give it some flavour.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:It sounds pretty awful but I'm going to give it a go as well. I've been trying to gain weight and get bigger for a while now, but every time I gain weight I lose it straight away. Even protein shakes don't seem to work that well.

Try getting old mate. That worked a treat for me. Up until the age of 36 I weighed between 147 and 172 ish, once I hit 40, doing only a little bit less in the training department, I'm now hovering around the 190 mark, although I would probably describe myself as 'chunky' rather than 'fat'.......Maybe.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am