THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+11
rudeboyben84
pinsman
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Cowboys From Hell
Mryzyz
Once Mohawked Pete
Sheldan
2brutal
15 posters

Strikeforce review overeem v werdum

Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Strikeforce review overeem v werdum - Page 3 Empty Re: Strikeforce review overeem v werdum

Post  Mannpagejackson Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Mannpagejackson wrote:Anfields5thKing - all good points. Except for the fact that the strikeforce card had 2 potentially good fights one of which ended up being absolutely dire! Ur statement about it being a good card badly timed is a right load of rubbish. Strikeforce has more of a cult following rather than a large fanbase and the reason that is, is because Of the lack of quality in strikeforce. Overeem is one of strikeforces biggest draws and he was awful. That said, im an overeem fan, but he was poor at the weekend and the rest of the card didnt overly impress me. Thats why strikeforce gets such bad attendances. It is a weak version of ufc on the whole.

First of all, the outcome of the fights have NO bearing on the gate. Do you think people come to the event AFTER the fights have been on?

Secondly, it's a fact the sports attendances in Dallas are up hugely for the Mavs and Rangers since 09 and since we're in the midst of a global recession people have less money to spend. It's a FACT that the card was badly timed. Mark Cuban, owner of the Mavericks, was asked about the impact the Mavs reaching the NBA finals would have on other events being held in the arena and he was talking about some events being cancell and how other events would probably suffer smaller gates. He specifically mentioned the Strikeforce one.

Thirdly, I beat you in the predictions league and you're just upset about it. Razz

1. first point is not what i meant, i meant low quality of fighters on bill = low attendance. The performances just wont help bring any neutral fans back.
    2. If sports attendances in dallas are up. This means people are spending more money on live events, and completely contradicts ur argumemt.
    3. Yes. And i cried like a little girl. (this is not a joke, tears were shed) Very Happy

And mrzyz pipe down. I did those lists in a hurry the first time i went on the playgroynd like a year ago, not just that but they arent that far out. No 1 is right at least. Ha!

And with ur comment 'The fight was dull, ergo both fighters are no good'. I clearly say i like overeem, he is good (that is stating the obvious) but that the fight was a dull boring embarressment of a spectacle. They cant all be superman punch knockouts, or cheeky head kicks but sitting on top of someone for 15 mins is not even high quality. It was awful. Fact! But dont worry mrzyz im not saying i hate ur lover overroids!
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Strikeforce review overeem v werdum - Page 3 Empty Re: Strikeforce review overeem v werdum

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 pm

'The fight was dull, ergo both fighters are no good' comment warn't directed at you manny. It just seems to be the general sentiment of the MMA community as a whole.

Which is rubbish.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

To be honest I'm surprised so many people thought Overoid vs Werdum was going to be an exciting fight. That's not a knock on either fighter, but 8 times out of 10 these fights end up like it did. Otherwise Overoid would have gotten a quick KO or Werdum would have gotten a quick sub. When two fighters who have vastly different styles meet, the fight rarely ever turns out too good. Just look at Aoki attempting to do kickboxing for proof.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Mryzyz wrote:The top 10 Heavyweights in the world according to mannpages' rankings off his profile on MMA Playground:

#1 Cain Velasquez
    #2 Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos
    #3 Brock Lesnar
    #4 Shane Carwin
    #5 Roy "Country" Nelson
    #6 Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem
    #7 Fabricio Werdum
    #8 Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko
    #9 Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
    #10 Frank Mir

?????????
    Mrzyz, the effort you go to is unreal. As we have said on the playgrpund, i just put in ten with the intention of going back n sorting them out. But no one looks at peoples details on playground so i didnt think it an issue. Only you bother checking things like that. And posting to yourself. How does your top ten heavyweights read.
    1 overeem
    2 overeem
    3 overeem
    4 overeem..... (see where im going with this!)
    Even funnier when you look at the weird nature of your posts, with topics such as:
    New developements in jill dando murder case,
    Sting debacle,
    And my personal favourate, Is anybody there! You bring up a half done list and ill hit you right back with weird self posting about dead news readers, 80's bands and the fact that only you are posting.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Calm down
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Handbags at the ready.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 pm

I have watched there first fight a few times it was way more exciting main difference is reem has put on 5 stones
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Calm down
    Sorry mate, but you were dragging the good mannpage name through the mud and i do that enough with my own predictions. Ha!
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 pm

OverROIDS
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Strikeforce review overeem v werdum - Page 3 Finger+wag

'Remember kids, thats why astro paste is the work of satan!'
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Mannpagejackson wrote:
    Mryzyz wrote:The top 10 Heavyweights in the world according to mannpages' rankings off his profile on MMA Playground:

#1 Cain Velasquez
    #2 Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos
    #3 Brock Lesnar
    #4 Shane Carwin
    #5 Roy "Country" Nelson
    #6 Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem
    #7 Fabricio Werdum
    #8 Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko
    #9 Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
    #10 Frank Mir

?????????
    Mrzyz, the effort you go to is unreal. As we have said on the playgrpund, i just put in ten with the intention of going back n sorting them out. But no one looks at peoples details on playground so i didnt think it an issue. Only you bother checking things like that. And posting to yourself. How does your top ten heavyweights read.
    1 overeem
    2 overeem
    3 overeem
    4 overeem..... (see where im going with this!)
    Even funnier when you look at the weird nature of your posts, with topics such as:
    New developements in jill dando murder case,
    Sting debacle,
    And my personal favourate, Is anybody there! You bring up a half done list and ill hit you right back with weird self posting about dead news readers, 80's bands and the fact that only you are posting.

use bens rankings mate as a template.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Mannpagejackson wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Mannpagejackson wrote:Anfields5thKing - all good points. Except for the fact that the strikeforce card had 2 potentially good fights one of which ended up being absolutely dire! Ur statement about it being a good card badly timed is a right load of rubbish. Strikeforce has more of a cult following rather than a large fanbase and the reason that is, is because Of the lack of quality in strikeforce. Overeem is one of strikeforces biggest draws and he was awful. That said, im an overeem fan, but he was poor at the weekend and the rest of the card didnt overly impress me. Thats why strikeforce gets such bad attendances. It is a weak version of ufc on the whole.

First of all, the outcome of the fights have NO bearing on the gate. Do you think people come to the event AFTER the fights have been on?

Secondly, it's a fact the sports attendances in Dallas are up hugely for the Mavs and Rangers since 09 and since we're in the midst of a global recession people have less money to spend. It's a FACT that the card was badly timed. Mark Cuban, owner of the Mavericks, was asked about the impact the Mavs reaching the NBA finals would have on other events being held in the arena and he was talking about some events being cancell and how other events would probably suffer smaller gates. He specifically mentioned the Strikeforce one.

Thirdly, I beat you in the predictions league and you're just upset about it. Razz

1. first point is not what i meant, i meant low quality of fighters on bill = low attendance. The performances just wont help bring any neutral fans back.
    2. If sports attendances in dallas are up. This means people are spending more money on live events, and completely contradicts ur argumemt.
    3. Yes. And i cried like a little girl. (this is not a joke, tears were shed) Very Happy

Overeem, Werdum, Barnett, Noons, JZ Calvan, Masvidal. These are a low quality of fighter??

No it doesn't AT ALL. Because they are spending more money supporting their local sports team, they have LESS money to spend on MMA and boxing. For example, when Manny Pacquiao fought there the first time, 65% of those in attendance were locals. The second time Manny fought there, less than 40% were locals.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:50 am

Manpage just because they put on a bad fight, does not mean Werdum and Overeem are a low quality of fighters. Werdum was arguably the #1 ranked heavyweight in MMA, and some people (if they did rankings based on who they thought was the best, rather than accomplishments) had Overeem #1, such as Bas Rutten.

Barnett is top 5 OF ALL TIME at heavyweight too.

V. Overeem and Griggs are not the highest quality but UFC fill their main cards with fights like Kongo vs Browne Neutral...

JZ Calvan was top 3 before he got injured and was just robbed against Josh Thomson.
    Wilcox is one of the best LW prospects in MMA....likewise Cormier at heavyweight.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Less of the overoid blasting mannpage he ain't been caught so shoo off with your immature dissing he he! geek

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 am