The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

New MMA Calendar

redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: New MMA Calendar

Post  redmeanie77 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 am

Ellenberger is fighting Rocha at UFC 126.

Gustaffsson is fighting Te Huna at UFC 127 in Australia. (Why has Te Huna not fought in the states since UFC 110? was he injured?)
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 am

Brown Pride wrote:Ellenberger is fighting Rocha at UFC 126.

Gustaffsson is fighting Te Huna at UFC 127 in Australia. (Why has Te Huna not fought in the states since UFC 110? was he injured?)

Yeah he broke his arm in that last fight and complications from that injury kept him from fighting at UFC120 I believe
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

ESPN's Josh Gross is reporting that Todd Duffee turned down the Antonio Silva fight.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Werdum v Overeem rumoured for March.

Chimezero
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Chimezero on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Werdum v Overeem rumoured for March.

So that leaves fedor vs barnett available for a around april/may lol!
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Fucking right Werdum vs Overeem rematch!!! Cant wait for that, just watched a Werdum interveiw talking about it. I think he sounds like he would rather a rematch with Fedor!

Barnett shouldnt get Fedor, Fuck Barnett he has been inactive, fighting total cans etc.. Bigfoot could have easily beat Werdum if he didnt choke Gonzaga style. 2008 was Barnetts last relevant fight I dont think he should get a Fedor fight in 2011. I think give Bigfoot a number1 contenders fight with Fedor.

Barnett can fight someone like Arlovski, SDR, Sergei, Rogers... I think he needs an impressive win in SF to remind US fans who he is.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 pm

strikeforce need to do something soon to the heavyweight division none of them hardly fight.
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 pm

You gotta admire SF strategy, letting the UFC put their best HW against each other, putting on big fights selling many PPV's.

While SF just play the waiting game, of letting the top guys in UFC HW division beat each other so they can claim that their roster is significantly stronger. Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Watching an interview with Dana White, Totally fot Ben Hendo will be number 1 contender if he beats Pettis!! (Pettis getting a title shot would be fucked up!! Laughing ) Ben Hendo as UFC champ might happen!

How does he stack up to Edgar/Maynard wrestling wise? Id find it hard to think of Maynard or Ben getting outwrestled... Though he seems more of a danger for Subs than Maynard.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 pm

SF dont know what theyre doing do they? Laughing

Diaz hasnt any fights lined up,
    Mousasi doesnt have any fights
    Fedor doesnt have any fights
    Barnett doesnt have any fights
    Melendez doesnt have any fights Shocked
    Sergei doesnt have any fights
    Melendez doesnt have any fights Shocked
    Arlovski doesnt have any fights
    Feijao doestnt have any fights
    SDR too, a young up and commer hungry for a fight... none planned

I dont know if everyone in SF has taken Xmas off early but you think if they were in contact with these guys they could be starting to hype a fight like Sergei vs Arlovski or Barnett vs Fedor.

Even get around to getting Melendez a fight? The guy has dropped in rankings because of inactivity! Penn (if you rank him as a 155er still) Aoki, Edgar etc.. other fighters have been more acive and this guy doesnt have a fight lined up after the Aoki win he was talked about as possible the best. If there isnt a clearcut contender who cares, make a Thompson rubbermatch or put JZ in there, both would be great fights to see.

with those fighters above who havnt fought in 4-5 months on average you think they might start matchmaking early and building up the fights?

SF's inactive fighters could cause guys to clear of to the UFC. 2011 and we will see more SF fighters follow Shields over unless Coker has a better organised year! Laughing

I bet 1 or 2 of Overeem, Diaz and Melendez will be in UFC next year.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

these fighters get paid by fighting or at least the majority of their income is from fighting. why arnt they kicking up a fuss wanting fights.
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:33 pm

Kenflo pulled out of the fight with Dunham. I hope they get Sherk as a replacement.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I know its not gonna happen but G-Sot- Dunham would be great.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 am

Lets just get Dunham - Sherk 2 sorted.

Kenny vs Sotiropoulos would be great,Kenny vs Nate at LW would be good,also even though it would be to early for him,I think after watching his last impressive performance, Kenny vs Barboza would be cool fight.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 am

Evan Dunham vs Melvin Guillard now set for Fight for the Troops 2

Heavy.com with the report:

Heavy.com was informed of the change by sources close to the fight on Monday afternoon.

Florian was scheduled to face rising prospect Dunham in the headlining bout of the Fight for the Troops 2 show on January 22 at Fort Hood, TX. Melvin Guillard has been pulled from his bout with Yves Edwards and will face Dunham in the new main event.

There's no word yet on a new opponent for Yves Edwards, or on the specific nature of Florian's injury, but stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for updates.

UPDATE: Kenny Florian discusses the injury on his website:

It is with deep regret that I will not be able to compete in my scheduled fight against Evan Dunham on January 22nd, due to a knee injury I sustained during training this morning. Although I have not had an MRI as of yet; the doctors are cautiously optimistic that it will not require surgery.

I want to express my sincere apologies to the fans, the UFC and Evan for not being able to compete at UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops 2. Since early September, I have been training for this fight. Evan is a great fighter and has undoubtedly been working very hard towards this fight as well. Plus, it is a big disappointment that I will not be able to fight in the octagon for the brave soldiers that fight for us.

I am determined to return to the octagon in the first half on 2011. Accordingly, I will keep you all updated.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/12/6/1860336/kenny-florian-injured-melvin-guillard-steps-in-against-evan-dunham-at
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Melvin Guillard vs Evan Dunham is considered a main event worthy fight in the UFC?

Insult for the Troops.

Hang on, is this the UFC putting on a fight between two guys who are nowhere near each other in the rankings???? Surely not!
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:42 pm

I've never claimed that the UFC have never put on a mismatch,I just thought your claim that the UFC always put on mismatches was a crazy claim.

Dunham is obviously the favorite due to his recent record and performances looking slightly better than Melvins,but this fight isn't exactly what i'd call a mismatch either especially since it's a fight put on at the last minute from the few options they had of fighters that would be ready.

I mean look at there recent records,standard of fighter they beat and who they lost too in the last 2 years in the same division.

Melvin is 6-1,losing to nate and beating the likes of Stephens,Tibau and Siver,while dunham is the same 6-1 in the same time span,losing to sherk and beating Aurelio,Efrain and Tyson.

Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Except that Dunham beat Sherk regardless of who got the W, and has been fighting a much higher level of competition and is much higher ranked. Mismatch.

And the UFC do ALWAYS put on mismatches. On EVERY card there's at least 2 mismatches. Sometimes more.

Either way, Guillard vs Dunham is the weakest headlining fight for any UFC event ever. Actually the TUF finale probably had a weaker one, but at least Maia was on the card to give it some credibility. This card is a joke.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Cody McKenzie meets Yves Edwards at UFC Fight Night 23

Nick Ring vs. Riki Fukuda Inked for UFC 127 February 27 in Australia

payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Demian Maia Says The UFC Is Trying To Match Him Up with Michael Bisping

Fresh off a win over Kendall Grove this past weekend at The Ultimate Fighter finale on Spike TV, Demian Maia may have plans for his next bout lined up as he tells Graciemag.com that the UFC is looking at putting on a bout between himself and Michael Bisping:

"I don’t have any desire to [rematch Nate Marquardt] right now. He’s coming off a loss and generally you match someone who is coming off a win with someone else coming off a win. But down the road for sure. I believe I’ll win the title one day and I’ll put it up for grabs against him, who’s an excellent fighter ... They say they want to put me against Michael Bisping. But I’m not concerned with any of that. I’m a fighter and I have to train as best I can, to win. He’s a very strategic guy, keeps his distance, and has good boxing. He’s also a pain to take down. A lot of people say they don’t think he’s all that, but he has very few losses and is hard to beat. He’s an experienced fighter. Should he really be my next, then I’ll even ask for some pointers from Wanderlei Silva, who has fought him before."
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Round 1, Trip, Armbar, Tap, Maia wins

Bisping will get fucked up if he fights Maia. I think its a great fight. Puts Maia in with a "striker" where he has less chance of getting sparked and puts Bisping in with a high level guy, sink or swin this would be his route to the title shot he is after.

I hope we see Bitchping vs Maia and Wanderlei vs Marquardt though it seems Wanderlei will fight Sonnen Crying or Very sad
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:02 pm

i hope Dunham gets sparked by Melvin,and i think it can happen, i severly dislike that guy for some reason scratch

which is strange because i normally am fan of all fighters afro
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Cody McKenzie meets Yves Edwards at UFC Fight Night 23

Nick Ring vs. Riki Fukuda Inked for UFC 127 February 27 in Australia

Big respect for Cody for stepping up and taking that fight. Edwards is hugely experienced.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Demian Maia Says The UFC Is Trying To Match Him Up with Michael Bisping

Fresh off a win over Kendall Grove this past weekend at The Ultimate Fighter finale on Spike TV, Demian Maia may have plans for his next bout lined up as he tells Graciemag.com that the UFC is looking at putting on a bout between himself and Michael Bisping:

"I don’t have any desire to [rematch Nate Marquardt] right now. He’s coming off a loss and generally you match someone who is coming off a win with someone else coming off a win. But down the road for sure. I believe I’ll win the title one day and I’ll put it up for grabs against him, who’s an excellent fighter ... They say they want to put me against Michael Bisping. But I’m not concerned with any of that. I’m a fighter and I have to train as best I can, to win. He’s a very strategic guy, keeps his distance, and has good boxing. He’s also a pain to take down. A lot of people say they don’t think he’s all that, but he has very few losses and is hard to beat. He’s an experienced fighter. Should he really be my next, then I’ll even ask for some pointers from Wanderlei Silva, who has fought him before."

So can we assume that the Rivera fight might not be going ahead?? I'd rather see Bisping against Palhares because he could outrun Maia, the treestump is better at cutting people off and he can walk through punches.

Actually I'd rather see Bisping vs Sonnen. That's the fight I really want to see.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 am

Chesty I've noticed that, you really don't like Dunham! We all have those fighters we just don't like for whatever reason.

If Bisping is serious about fighting for the title then he shouldn't be looking at bums like Riveria. Maia is a fight that makes a lot more sense, especially in his case because Maia is more beatable than the other top MWs. I still think Maia would win easily enough but Bisping could run away from him for three rounds. From his case, its a much better fight. If he loses, then he can fight Riveria.

Other options, maybe Palhares or Falcao.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 pm