THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Anfields5thKing
Dogbomb
6 posters

The Smashing Machine

Dogbomb
    Dogbomb
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

The Smashing Machine Empty The Smashing Machine

Post  Dogbomb Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:29 am

Hi all,

I'm sure this has probably been discussed on here (and that most of you have seen it), but I recently watched The HBO documentary from 2001 on Mark Kerr entitled the Smashing Machine.

I feel it gives a balanced view of MMA, and a fascinating insight into the highs and lows of competition. The soundtrack is great, which makes the whole thing pretty emotional. It's great to look back at the heyday of Pride. The footage shows a glimpse of why it was so awesome, and so corrupt. I have a new found respect for Mark Coleman and feel that Kerr was such a wasted talent.

If you have not seen this, watch it NOW! Go home from work, put down your tools, stop what you're doing and watch it!

I saw a low quality version on Daily Motion which was pretty bad and now am desperate to get the DVD. I have been trying to buy it since January, but everywhere is out of stock or selling region 1s. Help!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The Smashing Machine Empty Re: The Smashing Machine

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:42 am

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:58 pm

What happened with him and that girl btw? I remember they broke up once in the documentary but not sure if they got back together by the end of it. Guess they're not still together?
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Region 1 isn't much of a problem as 90% of DVD players have Multi region codes built in just google search it. pirat

I'm pretty sure the US version is region free as I have this and have played it on me Xbox 360.
    Wonga
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Wonga Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:16 pm

IamFluffykins wrote:What happened with him and that girl btw? I remember they broke up once in the documentary but not sure if they got back together by the end of it. Guess they're not still together?

They stayed together for a few more years and had a son. I heard recently that Mark Kerr was a car sales man
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:01 pm

yeah wonga i heard something similer. he also claims he is 99.9% retired from mma.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am