The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Football discussion

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: Football discussion

Post  the_king on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 am

also alonso was still in the title hunt up until the last race with maclaren then afterwords said some unsavory things about the team and at that time his manager flavio head of renault made him a get out clause he could not refuse.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:41 am

I'd imagine they would make sure to retain Vettel. Red Bull have the finances to compete with all bar Ferrari in terms of salary and they have the best car. I can't see why they would want to keep Webber though. He's clearly got a bad attitude.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 pm

he has a bad attitude but still helped them win the construtors. all the top drivers have been confirmed so i dunno who they could replace him with.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Come on you lions!
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Sorry guys, but allez les Bleus! Wink
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Great, great goal. Benzema is top class!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:25 am

The first 20 minutes, was one of the worst performances I've seen from an international side. we kept giving the french opportunity, after opportunity, and we couldn't get the ball. I didn't understand the line-up, defense looked poor. Ferdinand still isn't playing well, Jagielka was lost at RB, Lescott is poor at this level and Gibbs clearly isn't ready, his positional sense is poor. He looked like Glen Johnson at times. Warnock did better but Nasri for the better of him a few times. I think Young played well, im hoping he can get a few good games in the side.

I'm not that surprised to be honest, England are going through a rebuilding stage, and I reckon, we'll see a few more performances like that. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:31 pm

COME ON YOU REDS

Cardiff 0 - Forest 2

fuck your England striker,We've got super Lewis McGugan

UUUUUUURRRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDSSSSSS
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Glad you've had a good day Payne... as for me, West Ham up against it already here Sad

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:05 pm

4-1 saints get in there.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:09 pm

So I see,things just aren't happening for Avram and west ham this season are they.

A little surprising really when you look at your team on paper,I'd of expected mid to bottom half from you,but not rock bottom.

Can't say I've watched much of the Hammers this year,what do you think is the problem?

That's a great result against a pretty descent Peterborough side,King.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm

bloody hell west ham supporters leaving after just 38 mins.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 pm

I no longer think its too early to say, we're getting relegated.

No No No No No

EDIT: The problem is the defence IMO, Payne. The World Cup has absolutely destroyed Rob Green, Upson is suffering from not having a consistent centreback partner and the organization at the back, especially the marking from crosses is woeful; more goals from headers conceded than any other team tells its own story. Avram is another factor in our shit form, he's just a terrible terrible manager.

We are BADLY missing Scott Parker tonight, the commentators said before kick off that we needed to show we weren't just a one-man team- Well, i'm afraid we are.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:17 pm

the_king wrote:bloody hell west ham supporters leaving after just 38 mins.

Can you blame them?

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:19 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:

Can you blame them?

its an expensive statement to make so close to christmas.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:21 pm

the_king wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:

Can you blame them?

its an expensive statement to make so close to christmas.

They deserve so much more. They're some of the most passionate fans in the UK, what that team are doing tonight, and have been doing all season is atrocious and i don't blame the fans one bit.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:45 pm

nah i dont blame them at all, i hear them shouting for di canio.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Yep, and even singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles."

Typically great passion from the fans that have stayed but the West Ham players just aren't cutting it at the minute.

EDIT: "I'm West Ham til i die, i'm West Ham til i die, i know i am, i'm sure i am i'm West Ham til i die!" also being sung bom
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:06 am

Oh no, Payne did you see Blackstocks injury? Looks like a certain broken leg! Ugly looking tackle, wish him a speedy recovery.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:06 am

I read that it's not a break,but it's his crutiate.

he having a scan tomorrow.

Cruciate is probably worse than a brake though,so I think he's done for the season anyway Mad

We definitely need to do something in this next window,if we want to maintain a challenge.

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 am

it is a crutiate and yes they can be severe.
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:09 pm

I feel your pain Axe, and also there seems to be some good results for Armbarer's this weekend (injuries apart). But surely result of the weekend went to the mighty Yids at the library cheers ???
    Yes Arsenal were poor second half, but 2,5,10,25 years ago Spurs would have been murdered second half! I'm still reeling!
    How on earth we will keep Bale and VDV unless we win something is beyond me.
    P.S Anfield if you read this, I was talking to you about Taarabt couple of weeks back, did you see his goals this weekend-really think letting him go was a mistake!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:49 pm

BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil -- The Brazilian MMA community has long argued that its sport is safer than soccer, given the history of Brazilian futebol rivalries and violence. Saturday night in Belo Horizonte, that violence tragically bled indirectly into MMA.

While the city's Chevrolet Hall played host to the third edition of Brazil Fight, an alleged brawl between supporters of rival Belo Horizonte-based soccer clubs Atletico Mineiro and Cruzeiro broke outside the venue, leaving one man dead and two others hospitalized.

19-year-old Otavio Fernandes died Saturday night due to sustained head trauma after he was allegedly beaten with an iron bar by members of Atletico Mineiro fan group Galoucura. Flavio Celso da Silva, 35, and Rodrigo Marques, 39, were also sent to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

According to eyewitness accounts of the full-scale street fight that erupted, the much larger Galoucura group overwhelmed the Cruzeiro fans, attacking them with iron bars. The fight is estimated to have only lasted a few minutes, but blood was still visible on the ground outside Chevrolet Hall on Sunday morning.

Inside, Brazil Fight 3 continued without a hitch. No one inside the venue had any knowledge of the brawl until after the event ended, when event producer Otavio "Tata" Duarte was asked to come to the local police department for a deposition.

"They politely invited me to the police office, but when I got there, they started to try to make some relationship between the event and what happened," Duarte told Sherdog.com. "I stayed from midnight until 5 a.m. explaining that we had no relationship with local hooligans.”

Duarte, who also promotes Rio de Janeiro-based promotion Watch Out Combat Show, didn't even have time to pay any of the 18 fighters who fought on the Brazil Fight 3 card before he was swept away to give his statement.

"I was lucky because the local police chief was at the event. He could see that the audience was composed of family people, women and we had not even a single confrontation inside, because I had 60 security guards taking care of the place," Duarte emphasized. "If a group of crazy soccer fans fought in the street, 100 meters away from my event, the responsibility is the Minas Gerais state police's, not mine."

Duarte's partner, Philip Lima, also commented on the situation to Sherdog.com.

"The fighters and their fans who cheer for Cruzeiro and Atletico Mineiro have already participated in our two previous events and we had no problems. All we can say is that the event was a huge success and we seriously lament what happened and hope the police can identify and catch the guilty parties."

The brawl had unfortunately coincidental timing. MMA in Brazil still continues to battle public perceptions of violence and hooliganism, which has kept potentially lucrative sponsors away from local events. With Brazil Fight 3, the promotion welcomed the sponsorship of Coca-Cola and Domino's Pizza, two extravagant sponsors given the climate of Brazilian MMA.

"The marketing director of Coca-Cola was totally amazed by the show. He saw that our audience was pretty much family people, besides the athletes, who are totally identified with their new product, the energy drink 'Gladiator,'" said Duarte. "It took so long to attract a big company to support our sport; it would be really absurd if soccer fanatics came here to scare our new partners."

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm

in south america anything is safer than football.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 pm