THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Megumi Fujii

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Megumi Fujii Empty Megumi Fujii

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:36 pm

is simply amazing, I've seen all her fights bar four and I honestly believe she has as much talent as Shogun or GSP or Aldo or any of the other p4p top fighters in men's MMA. Only MMAist regardless of gender to have gone 22-0 and she's been absolutely rattling through a lot of good fighters in Japan and now in Bellator. She has a black belt in judo, BJJ and terrific Sambo and Catch skills as well as good technical striking. Unless she sticks around for another 5+ years I dont see her losing another fight.

Megumi Fujii Main

Last edited by IamFluffykins on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Megumi Fujii Empty Re: Megumi Fujii

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:42 pm

there is something about womans mma that disturbs me, anyone think dana will incorperate them into the ufc?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:00 pm

I think Zuffa will use the WEC for womens events. I can see them merging the 155 divisions of the UFC and the WEC and focusing on mens 125, 135 and 145, and womens 115 and 125.

Just one thing, Fujii does not practice BJJ, she practices traditional JuJutsu, the Japanese variation.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:03 pm

whoops my bad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Fujii is brilliant,absolutely fantastic talent,the best P4P womens fighter,without a doubt.Not only has she got a sick ground game but her stand up seems to improve everytime you see her also,so she's definitely still working hard on improving her skills.Josh Barnetts star pupil.

Schnieder put up a bit of a challenge for her in Fujii's bellator debut,(I say that purely because she managed to survive untill the third rd)but she was still completely out matched,that was the first time Fujii has finished a girl with strikes,if I remember correctly.The other night,Lisa Ward shit herself as soon as Fujii grabbed a hold of her,it only took about a minute to grab that armbar,a very easy semi final win.

Frausto is a different challenge in the final though,as she is twice the size of any of the girls in this tourney(she's basically a 135lber fighting at 115 lb)and has some serious power,ask our own Rosie Sexton(poor girl)
    If she could keep the fight standing,moving and throwing shots from a distance,she has a chance at pulling off the upset,but really I can't for a second seeing that happen,IMO as soon as Frausto throws a kick or over extends on a punch,Fujii will have her on her back on the ground,where I think Frausto will be completely out of her element and won't have the now how to get back up,where Fujii will just control her and get the sub.

sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:26 pm

It's a shame Tsuji had to lose out of nowhere at the start of the year. Fuji vs Tsuji was THE fight for womens MMA up until that point.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 pm

It would be great if Yuka Tsuji joined bellator

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 pm

or Ana Michelle Tavares

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 pm

I still kinda thing that Tsuji vs Fujii is the biggest possible fight in WMMA, considering Tsuji would probably come in as a favourite vs Yamaguchi if they fought for a third time. Tsuji vs Fujii will probably never happen though unfortunately.

I dont think Tavares still fights btw
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Her last fight was in 08 against Lisa ward,but i believe the reason she hasn't fought since,is because there wasn't the money available for the girls to make it worth while,obviously now with bellator and strikeforce giving the girls a place to fight,there is more money now.
    Shes still staying active competing in BJJ tourneys and in this vid,she says that she plans to get back into MMA in the near future,if the moneys worth it.

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Well if she does come back then she would definitely be a good addition,she's got some seriously good wins on her record and her only losses coming to the two best ever 115lbers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 am