THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
The_Axe_Emperor
rudeboyben84
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
Once Mohawked Pete
manschesthair_utd
wilksdaman
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
13 posters

Mir KO CroCop? (UFC 119 results)

wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Mir  KO CroCop? (UFC 119 results) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mir KO CroCop? (UFC 119 results)

Post  wilksdaman Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:
    wilksdaman wrote:
    Anybody think that Mir's second shot to Mirko when he was clearly out was a bit unnecessary?

I'm not saying this just because I obviously wanted Cro-cop to get sparked,but I don't think he was out of order with those last shots.
    It was all done in the matter of a couple of seconds and I don't think it was done with Malice,just doing his job and finishing the fight.
    He rocked him with the Knee,and then pounced,with two shots to make sure he had the finish,as soon as the ref stepped in,he was off him.

Hmm, maybe. I think it was obvious that Mirko was done by the way he fell back and how his arms just flopped besides him. Guess you gotta make sure though.

I'm still upset I guess lol.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mir  KO CroCop? (UFC 119 results) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mir KO CroCop? (UFC 119 results)

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 pm

I completely understand

If it happened to Randy,that would probably be one of my first thoughts Laughing
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Fuck.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Lytle and Serra Set New UFC Record

Congratulations to Chris Lytle and Matt Serra! Their fight at UFC 119 set a new UFC record for most combined significant strikes landed in a single fight. Lytle landed 153 significant strikes and Serra landed 124 for a new record-high of 277. This was a major leap past the previous high of 187, set by Chris Lytle and Paul Taylor at UFC 89. This is also the only fight in UFC history in which both fighters each landed more than 100 significant strikes.

stats available in the link

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/events/UFC_119__Mir_vs._Cro_Cop/Serra_vs_Lytle/
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:17 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I completely understand

If it happened to Randy,that would probably be one of my first thoughts Laughing

You must have quite enjoyed Mir's performance. It was basically Randy Couture 101.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Laughing

Not a patch on Randy's wall and stall,didn't enjoy that at all,but absolutely LOVEDthe knock out though cheers cheers cheers Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 pm

You know, the Mir KO was just so unexpected in that fight, and the camera angle was in a very bad view when it happened. The camera was just behind Mir, and all of a sudden you see Crocop hit the deck with no punch connecting, for a second i thought it may have been a headbutt or an illegal blow that did it.

Sidenote- How funny was is when Goldie said it was all over when Dunham had the guilltione in lol! What a clown.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Haven't watched any fights, but after reading this page i don't necessarily feel the urge to now, especially after my FUCKING avatar Sad

What were the scorecards like do you reckon before Mir KO'd Mirko?
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Awful event. Nog/Bader and Dunham/Sherk were bad decisions
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:57 pm

The 2 spike tv cards were good i thought. Guillard fight got tedious. Sherk-Dunham was great. Lyttle-Serra was a good slugfest. I enjoyed the technical aspect of the Bader-Nog fight, i thought Bader won the fight using good gameplan. Crocop-Mir was a snoozefest but the KO made up for it. Razz

I think Mir would have been winning on all the judges scorecards.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:00 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Haven't watched any fights, but after reading this page i don't necessarily feel the urge to now, especially after my FUCKING avatar Sad

What were the scorecards like do you reckon before Mir KO'd Mirko?

30- 27 Mir,but really they should of called a stop to the fight,withdrew both fighters purse and used it to compensate all of us that had to watch it and called it a draw,since neither did fuck all for 14 mins really.

Mir just kept putting him against the cage while Cro-cop did nothing,that was basically it.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 am

That's pretty shit, sounds like it was another card, great on paper, but a massive let down in the end. On this form, UFC 120, though an abysmal card on paper, it should really stop the rot and be a fantastic night of fights!

Anyone remember UFC 95? That card took a lot of stick beforehand but when the dust settled after the fights it was one of the best of the year IMO.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:45 am

Mir didn't do a single thing to deserve a 30-27. All he did was grab CroCop and push him against the cage and lean against him. Neither of them did much standing but at least Mirko landed two kicks and a couple of punches.

I had it 10-10 after the second round. I gave them 5 points each for each round, deducting points for each time i fell asleep during each round. AWFUL!

There was not a single great fight on the card. The best was Dunham-Sherk which was good, but not very good and certainly not great. Meathead-Beltran and Serra-Lytle were slopfests rather than slugfests and the rest was dross with the exception of two great submissions by CB and Tavares.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:54 am

I honestly had them drawing. Mir did nothing at all in either round so I really don't see why he deserved to be ahead. Litterly , if either fighter landed just one good punch in the first 2 rounds they would have won the round by a country mile.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:56 am

To be honest after reading about it, I'm glad I was getting smashed at a wedding as opposed to watching this.

Hangover > 119
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:51 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I honestly had them drawing. Mir did nothing at all in either round so I really don't see why he deserved to be ahead. Litterly , if either fighter landed just one good punch in the first 2 rounds they would have won the round by a country mile.

Mir did land one half decent elbow when he had CroCop pressed against the cage. CroCop landed a couple of punches and two good leg kicks. that was literally it.

If Frank Mir is of the opinion that he could stand with JDS he's hugely mistaken.

That fight was a great advertisement for why cages need are bad for MMA.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Got to agree with most of yous, that was the worst UFC card in a long time.

Dunham v Sherk was the best fight for me. I had Sherk winning the first and Dunham the last two, however when it went to the judges I had a feeling that we'd get different scores.

I had Bader beating Nog as well 29-28 with Nog taking the last round. It was a bit of a frustrating fight to watch as Bader did just enough to get the win. Nog got the better of the standup but Bader kept distance well, which prevented Nog from really putting any major pressure on him. Almost everytime Nog through a kick he ended up on his back, although not for long, which would have still scored points with the judges.

Mir vs Cro Cop was rank. I hope Mirko gets cut now, he can go to Japan and headkick a couple of cans then retire.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:53 pm

CroCop vs Nog II then they should both retire.

Also, Mir is not a top heavyweight. Beating Zombie Nog and subbing a 1-0 Lesnar has made him fairly overrated imo.

Cecil Peoples should be out of a job by now.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Anyone know if Fightmetric has Nog/Bader yet? 30-27 was a pisstake but I suppose he had two 50/50 fights recently and got the nod once, Im really disgusted at Nog, that lack of agression was shocking refusing to push the pace like that on the feet showed he has lost the will to fight and has no agression about him...
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Bader pretty much did nothing too but shoot for takedowns, most of which were stuffed. When he got them he didnt do any damage apart from in round 1

edit: I really think that in American MMA takedowns are weighed far too heavily by judges.

Round 1 went to Sherk and round 3 went to Dunham pretty easily. Here are the stats for round 2:

Total strikes landed:

Dunham - 42
    Sherk - 23

Significant strikes landed:

Dunham - 28
    Sherk - 15

Takedowns:

Dunham - 0 out of 0 attempts
    Sherk - 2 out of 8 attempts

Submission attempts:

Dunham - 4
    Sherk - 0

So Sherk lands 2 takedowns and that erases being clearly outstruck and with 4 sub attempts from Dunham? That's just crazy.

Last edited by IamFluffykins on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:52 pm

I only watched it once, but Nog rocked him at the end of that round so it could have gone either way, I think I scored that one to Bader and the last round to Nog but I think Nog shaded the Middle round too....

29-28 Nog I think, or 29-28 Bader would have been a passible score but after the Sherk fight I had no faith in any fights that went to the judges decision.

Ive a shit load to do after work tonight but Im going to get the rankings updated as there will be a few changes after 119.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Medical suspensions...

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic & Matt Serra - 180-day suspension, plus an indefinite suspension until a head CT-scan is passed.

Mark Hunt - suspended indefinitely until he clears an X-ray on his left elbow, plus 30 days of no contact.

Evan Dunham - 45-day suspension and 45 days of no contact.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (30 days no contact); Sherk (21 days no contact); McCorkle (21 days no contact); Steve Lopez (30 days no contact); Matt Mitrione (12 days no contact); and Joey Beltran (30 days no contact).

No suspensions were given to Mir, Ryan Bader, Lytle, Melvin Guillard, Jeremy Stephens, C.B. Dollaway, Joe Doerksen, Thiago Tavares, Pad Audinwood, Waylon Lowe, T.J. Grant or Julio Paulino.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Having watched the Mir- CroCop fight i can now safely say what i had been saying before the fight, Frank Mir is incredibly overrated, and almost certainly never going to challenge for a belt ever again, that is unless he chops off a leg and drops off to 205.

Sadly, the same too can be said for Mirko CroCop, who i think should either go back to Japan for a few last pay checks then retire, or just retire now. He's definitely done as a top level fighter, which pains me to say but i'm not delusional, he just doesn't have it in him anymore.

That said, it was a good, albeit hard-to-watch, finish by Mir, who hopefully gets a rematch with either Carwin or Brock now Twisted Evil... hell, even JDS!!

Side note: What a chin Lytle has, a three round war like that, takes some hard punches from a reknowned power-puncher and doesn't even get a suspension Laughing!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Also, how good was McCorkles sub on Hunt?! I thought that was brilliant.

Bad weekend for the everyones favourites, CroCop, Nog, Hunt, Minowaman AND Saku all lost convincingly.

The only favourite of mine who actually one this weekend was Lytle, but then again he was fighting another favourite of mine so i couldn't really have went wrong in that fight Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm